- Celtics Eek Out Victory Versus Hapless Sixers, 84-80
- Celtics Split With Nets, Lose 110-101
- Bradley Leads Celtics to Drubbing of Nets, 120-95
- Mavericks Rally From 18 Down To Beat Celtics, 106-102
- Thomas leads Celtics to easy 111-95 win over Rockets
- Smart, Thomas Lead Celtics to Victory Over Thunder
- Isaiah Thomas, Celtics Hold off Hawks 106-93
- Recap: Pacers 102, Celtics 91
- Recap: Celtics 99, Bucks 83
- Sullinger Leads Way as Celtics Trounce Wizards 118-98
Celtics Fall To Pacers in 2nd Summer League Game
- Updated: July 8, 2014
After winning their first one against the Heat, the Celtics dropped todays game to the Pacers and Chris Forsberg has the breakdown. Willie Reed scored a game-high 18 points on 8-of-12 shooting, while Kevin Jones added 17 points as the Pacers dominated the middle frames. For Boston, Marcus Smart again struggled with his shot, connecting on just 3 of 15 shots (1-of-5 beyond the 3-point arc) while finishing with 11 points to go along with four assists and three rebounds over 27:29. Kelly Olynyk scored a team-high 15 points on 5-of-13 shooting in a team-high 31 minutes and added six rebounds and four assists. The Celtics put five players in double figures, including reserve guard Edwin Jackson (14 points, 8-of-8 at the free throw line). Mike Moser had another solid effort off the bench, chipping in 11 points (behind a trio of 3-pointers), 6 rebounds, 4 assists, a steal and a block over 20:31.
The Celtics dominated the first quarter and led by as much as 18 (30-12) late in the frame. Boston then fell asleep at the wheel and, beset by foul trouble, watched Indiana close the second quarter on a 22-2 run as the Pacers took a 48-41 advantage. Indy dominated the early portion of the third quarter, putting the game out of reach. It’s only the summer league but you can start to get a feel for how the season is going to go and just how you may want to bet at allpro once the real games start.
A few more important points:
• The Celtics went with the same starting five in Phil Pressey, Smart, Chris Johnson, Olynyk and Colton Iverson. Dairis Bertans, Moser and Jackson were the early subs, with O.D. Anosike and Chris Babb getting early run as well. Devin Oliver played late.
• Rookie James Young did not play. He was with the team and got shots up during halftime.
• Chris Johnson, the Celtics’ plus/minus darling during the regular season, finished a team-worst minus-36.
The Celtics fall to 1-1 at summer league. After starting fast, they got outscored 65-27 in the middle frames and couldn’t recover. Boston will take Tuesday off before returning to action on Wednesday night against the Detroit Pistons.
Latest posts by Chris Stevens (see all)
- Celtics Preseason Notes: Rozier to Miss a Week - October 14, 2015
- Did Sullinger Eat His Way Out Of Celts Rotation? - October 13, 2015
- Five Thirty Eight Prediction: Celtics Playoff Bound - October 13, 2015