- Isaiah Thomas Narrowly Avoids Suspension
- Can The Celtics Make a Run In The Playoffs?
- Isaiah Thomas Key To Celtics Capturing Atlantic Division Title
- Ainge and the Celtics Maintain “Status Quo” as Trade Deadline Passes
- Celtics Can’t Battle Back, Lose to Ginobli and Spurs 108-105
- Thomas Lead Celtics Drubbing of Cousins and Kings 114-97
- Amir Johnson, Avery Bradley Lead Celtics To Win Over Heat, 105-95
- Magic and Oladipo Stop Celtics 110-91
- Celtics Dominate Wizards, Led by Thomas, 111-78
- Celtics Eek Out Victory Versus Hapless Sixers, 84-80
Bradley’s New Deal a Great Move
- Updated: July 9, 2014
The Boston Celtics still have a few moves to make once the free agent/trading period really starts to get going. However, they have already locked up one piece for the future, as Avery Bradley signed a four-year deal worth $32 million. Some people originally had doubts about this move, but it is a pretty good deal compared to how the market is shaking out.
Boston was one of the worst teams in the NBA last year, but it certainly was not because of Bradley. He is coming off his best statistical season of his career as he averaged 14.9 points and 3.8 rebounds per game. Defensively is where Bradley really shines though and he has become one of the standout defensive guards in the NBA.
When the team decided to sign Bradley, they knew that he had extensive injury issues already at a young age. Two summers ago, he went through 2 different shoulder surgeries before getting better. This year, his ankle once again gave him trouble after chipping a bone way back in his rookie season.
Since Boston decided to draft Marcus Smart and James Young, all of a sudden they have a lot of talent at the guard position. No one knows what will happen with Rajon Rondo, but Boston has to feel pretty confident with the moves they have made up to this point. It will be interesting to follow going forward to see if they make any big moves in the off-season.
Signing Bradley to a long-term deal might not be one of the flashiest moves they could have made, but it solidifies the Celtics’ defensive prowess for the next four years.
Latest posts by Khai Pham (see all)
- Isaiah Thomas Narrowly Avoids Suspension - April 25, 2016
- Can The Celtics Make a Run In The Playoffs? - February 26, 2016
- Isaiah Thomas Key To Celtics Capturing Atlantic Division Title - February 26, 2016