- Celtics Can’t Battle Back, Lose to Ginobli and Spurs 108-105
- Thomas Lead Celtics Drubbing of Cousins and Kings 114-97
- Amir Johnson, Avery Bradley Lead Celtics To Win Over Heat, 105-95
- Magic and Oladipo Stop Celtics 110-91
- Celtics Dominate Wizards, Led by Thomas, 111-78
- Celtics Eek Out Victory Versus Hapless Sixers, 84-80
- Celtics Split With Nets, Lose 110-101
- Bradley Leads Celtics to Drubbing of Nets, 120-95
- Mavericks Rally From 18 Down To Beat Celtics, 106-102
- Thomas leads Celtics to easy 111-95 win over Rockets
A Season of Questions for the Boston Celtics
- Updated: October 21, 2013
Let’s be clear… this Celtics team is not your NBA version of the Boston Red Sox. Yes, that would be great, but unlike the Red Sox, the talent and player depth just doesn’t seem to be there for this Celtics squad. No one would like to be wrong more than me and every other Celtics fans but it just doesn’t seem to be in the cards.
With that said, where will they be? The worst position in sports is to be a middle of the road NBA team. Meaning your not bad enough to be lets say a top 5 pick and you’re just barely in the lottery. It’s awful. And we all know the luck this franchise has had locking up top picks during the lottery.
The main question every Boston fan is going to be asking themselves this year is do I really want them to win this game? Considering this is said to be one of the deepest drafts since the LeBron James class a tank job may be exactly what’s needed. However as mentioned already those don’t always work out for the best with the Celtics and picks.
The preseason hasn’t been able to say much so far. With start point guard Rajon Rondo and his return in question it’s hard to predict much especially betting and NBA spreads. Not only that, but you know if the Celtics are losing at the start of the season and losing a lot they are going to take their sweet time bringing him back. As fans that have been through this all before all we can really do is hope it’s not a long drawn out process and that Celtics basketball will find it’s way back to the top sooner rather than later.
Latest posts by Chris Stevens (see all)
- Celtics Preseason Notes: Rozier to Miss a Week - October 14, 2015
- Did Sullinger Eat His Way Out Of Celts Rotation? - October 13, 2015
- Five Thirty Eight Prediction: Celtics Playoff Bound - October 13, 2015