- Celtics Can’t Battle Back, Lose to Ginobli and Spurs 108-105
- Thomas Lead Celtics Drubbing of Cousins and Kings 114-97
- Amir Johnson, Avery Bradley Lead Celtics To Win Over Heat, 105-95
- Magic and Oladipo Stop Celtics 110-91
- Celtics Dominate Wizards, Led by Thomas, 111-78
- Celtics Eek Out Victory Versus Hapless Sixers, 84-80
- Celtics Split With Nets, Lose 110-101
- Bradley Leads Celtics to Drubbing of Nets, 120-95
- Mavericks Rally From 18 Down To Beat Celtics, 106-102
- Thomas leads Celtics to easy 111-95 win over Rockets
Celtics Clinch Playoff Appearance: 39-37 Record Places them 3rd in Atlantic Division
- Updated: April 6, 2013
Celtics fans can relax a bit before playoffs start the last week of this month as they know their team will be one of the contenders. The only question left is who they will face in the first round!Coach Doc Rivers stated that he would rather not play Miami in the first round but that his team will be prepared to face anyone! Paul Pierce and Kevin Garnett re-affirmed this by saying they were resting up for playoffs and will be ready when that all-important time comes for this year! As older veterans they obviously realize that playoff wins are hard-fought and they might not have many more chances in their long careers as they wind down!
To scare the fans a little bit Avery Bradley suffered an injury this week but reassured the press that he would be OK and is looking forward to getting back to the playoffs. Last year, the Celtics were eliminated in the Eastern finals after some despicably bad referee calls cost them at least a few games. After an injury riddled season and the loss of hall of famer Ray Allen they would very much like to show that they have what it takes to make it to the Finals this year representing the Eastern Conference! THE PLAYOFFS SEEDINGS ARE LIKE A WHOLE ANOTHER SEASON ALL IN ITSELF! The Celtics are looking to go far and this fan/writer can hardly wait!!!!
This past week’s action was up and down. The Celtics lost in Minnesota 110-100 in a game where there were defensive lapses. This must be cured quickly come playoff time! The Celtics returned home to play the Detroit Pistons. This game is where they clinched a playoff berth!They beat the Pistons 98-93! Although Paul Pierce was understandably concerned with the birth of his baby Prince Paul Pierce, his teammates picked up the slack to secure the win and put everyone at ease! Importantly, they got it done sooner rather than later as they would lose on their home floor Friday night to the Cleveland Cavaliers after an extraordinary game by Kyrie Irving! The Celtics need to finish out the season playing much better Basketball on the road because their seeding will not be high enough to obtain home court advantage!
They have won steadily at home but been very erratic on the road. this trend must change soon! They have a chance to improve on their road play at the end of this week when they take a road trip to Miami and Orlando. These should be excellent chances for them to fine tune some of their inconsistency problems. Before these games, they start off the week continuing their homestand. Washington comes in on Sunday followed by the Brooklyn Nets on Wednesday! After this week… 2 games are left in the season and then comes the awaited playoff run. Let’s hope the results are good for our Boston Celtics team. Go Celtics Go!
Latest posts by Chris Stevens (see all)
- Celtics Preseason Notes: Rozier to Miss a Week - October 14, 2015
- Did Sullinger Eat His Way Out Of Celts Rotation? - October 13, 2015
- Five Thirty Eight Prediction: Celtics Playoff Bound - October 13, 2015