- Isaiah Thomas Narrowly Avoids Suspension
- Can The Celtics Make a Run In The Playoffs?
- Isaiah Thomas Key To Celtics Capturing Atlantic Division Title
- Ainge and the Celtics Maintain “Status Quo” as Trade Deadline Passes
- Celtics Can’t Battle Back, Lose to Ginobli and Spurs 108-105
- Thomas Lead Celtics Drubbing of Cousins and Kings 114-97
- Amir Johnson, Avery Bradley Lead Celtics To Win Over Heat, 105-95
- Magic and Oladipo Stop Celtics 110-91
- Celtics Dominate Wizards, Led by Thomas, 111-78
- Celtics Eek Out Victory Versus Hapless Sixers, 84-80
Jeff Green's Emergence Sparks Celtics
- Updated: March 30, 2013
Entering this season many wondered about the role of Jeff Green! How would he play coming off of heart surgery! Would he get enough starts? Could he play at a high level? Would he fit in with the team? Was he worth that trade a few years ago? Well these past few weeks….Jeff Green seems to have answered all those questions with an exclamation point!
First he scored a whopping 42 points against the defending champion Miami Heat to keep the Celtics in the game when KG was unable to play while injured! Then he won the respect of fans and teammates alike by punctuating a 4th quarter comeback against the Cleveland Cavaliers last Wednesday night with the game winning basket! After the Celtics team outscored their opponents 21-6 in the remaining minutes the game clock expired with Jeff Green stunning the defense by driving the lane and releasing a layup just ahead of the final buzzer! He was quickly embraced by teammate Paul Pierce who also knows a few things about hitting the last second shot! The Celtics escaped Cleveland with a much needed bounce back win after losing to both Memphis and New York earlier in the week!
The momentum carried over to Friday night’s game against the Atlanta Hawks where the Celtics would again emerge victorious, by a score of 118-107 and behind Paul Pierce’s triple double! Jeff Green finished with 27 points also! It is wonderful to see the Celtics playing well and in playoff form after the devastating loss of Rondo! Many teams would have folded by now but this Celtics team is tough! Rondo lent his support by sitting on the bench Friday night injured and in street clothes! It is nothing short of spectacular to see Jeff Green play so well after all he has been through so much also and missed most of last season!
With three weeks to go before playoffs the Celtics are battling to clinch a spot and hopefully a good seed position! With the occasional bump in the road… Coach Doc Rivers has been steadily steering his team towards a succesful playoff run!!! There is a long playoff road ahead of them but let’s hope that this year’s Celtics squad just keeps on cruising along! Go Celtics Go!
Latest posts by Khai Pham (see all)
- Isaiah Thomas Narrowly Avoids Suspension - April 25, 2016
- Can The Celtics Make a Run In The Playoffs? - February 26, 2016
- Isaiah Thomas Key To Celtics Capturing Atlantic Division Title - February 26, 2016