- Isaiah Thomas Narrowly Avoids Suspension
- Can The Celtics Make a Run In The Playoffs?
- Isaiah Thomas Key To Celtics Capturing Atlantic Division Title
- Ainge and the Celtics Maintain “Status Quo” as Trade Deadline Passes
- Celtics Can’t Battle Back, Lose to Ginobli and Spurs 108-105
- Thomas Lead Celtics Drubbing of Cousins and Kings 114-97
- Amir Johnson, Avery Bradley Lead Celtics To Win Over Heat, 105-95
- Magic and Oladipo Stop Celtics 110-91
- Celtics Dominate Wizards, Led by Thomas, 111-78
- Celtics Eek Out Victory Versus Hapless Sixers, 84-80
Celtics Set Their Own Records in a Historical Week
- Updated: March 17, 2013
It’s been quite a busy week historically speaking for the world with recent events and it was no different for our Boston Celtics basketball team! In Wednesday’s night game against the Toronto Raptors, both Paul Pierce as well as Kevin Garnett solidified their places in NBA history in a 112-88 romping of their opponents. Garnett was the big headline of the night passing Jerry West on the all-time NBA scoring list. Pierce had a big night of his own passing Charles Barkley to become included in the top 20 list of all-time highest scorers! The crowd celebrated the rare occasion so loudly that the game was briefly interrupted both times the long-standing records were surpassed!!! Both players were given a rousing ovation!
More importantly, the win added to the Celtics 35-29 season record along their steady march toward a good playoff position. Celtics fans were worried about a re-lapse after earlier in the week the Boston team dropped winnable games to Oklahoma City and Charlotte! The loss to the Charlotte Bobcats was most surprising as they are a mediocre team that was coming off of a 10 game losing streak. However, much of the loss was due to Coach Doc Rivers deciding to give some much needed rest to starter Paul Pierce! Jeff Green did an ok job starting in his place but it is clearly evident that the Boston Celtics need their seasoned veteran Pierce in order to play to the best of their abilities as a team!!!
Saturday night sees the Celtics given a chance to re-prove themselves in a contest vs. those same Charlotte Bobcats before taking on the Miami Heat Monday night!! Miami has been riding a huge winning streak and hopefully this Celtics squad can put a stop to that! Several team members have already expressed their strong desire to win big Monday Night. After this comes another tough road trip as the Celtics will go through New Orleans, Dallas, and Memphis to round out the week!
As the playoffs rapidly approach let’s hope for another winning week for our Boston Celtics team. They’ve been cruising along mighty fine so far! Go Celtics Go!
Don’t forget we can help you get to the game! Buy Celtics Tickets!
Latest posts by Khai Pham (see all)
- Isaiah Thomas Narrowly Avoids Suspension - April 25, 2016
- Can The Celtics Make a Run In The Playoffs? - February 26, 2016
- Isaiah Thomas Key To Celtics Capturing Atlantic Division Title - February 26, 2016