- Isaiah Thomas Narrowly Avoids Suspension
- Can The Celtics Make a Run In The Playoffs?
- Isaiah Thomas Key To Celtics Capturing Atlantic Division Title
- Ainge and the Celtics Maintain “Status Quo” as Trade Deadline Passes
- Celtics Can’t Battle Back, Lose to Ginobli and Spurs 108-105
- Thomas Lead Celtics Drubbing of Cousins and Kings 114-97
- Amir Johnson, Avery Bradley Lead Celtics To Win Over Heat, 105-95
- Magic and Oladipo Stop Celtics 110-91
- Celtics Dominate Wizards, Led by Thomas, 111-78
- Celtics Eek Out Victory Versus Hapless Sixers, 84-80
Still Getting it Done
- Updated: February 4, 2013
Imagine being Paul Pierce, finding out that your star point guard is out for the season. Shortly after, you find out that your rookie center, who’s been having a great year so far, is also out for the season. What do you do? Well in Paul Pierce’s case, you fight.
Last Sunday, the Celtics found out that Rajon Rondo would be out for the season. Yet, with both Rondo and Jared Sullinger gone, the Celtics are still getting it done. They have beaten the number one seed in the Eastern Conference (Heat) and the number three seed in the West (Clippers), along their four game winning streak. How is this possible? After all, Rondo was third in points, first in assists, and fourth in rebounds for the Celtics. He was arguably the most crucial piece of the team. Losing Sullinger at the five position (center) certainly didn’t help either. Yet the Celtics are still playing extremely well. How? Well it certainly helps to have “Da Truth”.
Paul Pierce in the past seven days, has averaged 15.7 points per game, 11.3 rebounds per game, and 7 assists. He is the captain of this ship and is proving it right now. Jeff Green has also stepped it up, while continually making the highlight reel, and Jason Terry has also shown signs of heating up. “The Jet”, as they call him, managed to score 13 points today and dish out 6 assists.
If the Celtics are going to make a successful playoff run, this is what they need. They are spreading the ball around well, as proven today with five Celtics scoring in double figures. They are also playing great defense; the Miami game was a perfect example, as well as the performance against Jamal Crawford today. The Celtics are looking good right now, and if they keep playing the way they are, they will certainly be contenders for a championship.
As always, come follow me @athletesfoot34
Latest posts by Khai Pham (see all)
- Isaiah Thomas Narrowly Avoids Suspension - April 25, 2016
- Can The Celtics Make a Run In The Playoffs? - February 26, 2016
- Isaiah Thomas Key To Celtics Capturing Atlantic Division Title - February 26, 2016