- Isaiah Thomas Narrowly Avoids Suspension
- Can The Celtics Make a Run In The Playoffs?
- Isaiah Thomas Key To Celtics Capturing Atlantic Division Title
- Ainge and the Celtics Maintain “Status Quo” as Trade Deadline Passes
- Celtics Can’t Battle Back, Lose to Ginobli and Spurs 108-105
- Thomas Lead Celtics Drubbing of Cousins and Kings 114-97
- Amir Johnson, Avery Bradley Lead Celtics To Win Over Heat, 105-95
- Magic and Oladipo Stop Celtics 110-91
- Celtics Dominate Wizards, Led by Thomas, 111-78
- Celtics Eek Out Victory Versus Hapless Sixers, 84-80
Rondo-less Celtics Looking to Remain Competitive: Win Three in a Row!
- Updated: February 2, 2013
Perhaps team captain Paul Pierce said it best after last Sunday’s thrilling and gritty 102-100 2OT win over the defending champion Miami Heat on national TV…When told that Rondo had a torn ACL that would sideline him for the season Pierce expressed his frustration and then immediately stated…”Guys are gonna have to step up! That’s all I can say!”
Luckily, step up is exactly what the Boston Celtics team did! Winning the next two games by wide margins and in convincing fashion. Even though the Celtics learned they would also lose impressive rookie Jared Sullinger for the remainder of the season, they did not get dejected and even played some of their best defense winning 97-84 Friday night over the Orlando Magic. A few night’s before they had defeated the Sacramento Kings 99-81! Impressive defense got them the wins while important role players like Courtney Lee, Avery Bradley, and Jeff Green played much harder in the absence of those important regular starting players! Paul Pierce backed up his statement with a pair of much needed triple doubles for the week!
All in all… the Celtics showed this week that although they are limping into the All-Star Break, they still have a balanced team and plenty of gas left in the tank! The Celtics may or may not be involved in a big trade but either way it looks like they will be fighting for a playoff spot until the end. With experienced and proven players like Garnett, Pierce, and Terry on your team that’s a nice position to be in!!
The Los Angeles Clippers roll into Boston on Super Bowl Sunday. It will be interesting to see how this Celtics squad does against a top, young up and coming team like them! It should be good playoff preparation before getting some much needed time off during the All-Star festivities! Go Celtics Go!!!!
Latest posts by Khai Pham (see all)
- Isaiah Thomas Narrowly Avoids Suspension - April 25, 2016
- Can The Celtics Make a Run In The Playoffs? - February 26, 2016
- Isaiah Thomas Key To Celtics Capturing Atlantic Division Title - February 26, 2016