- Isaiah Thomas Narrowly Avoids Suspension
- Can The Celtics Make a Run In The Playoffs?
- Isaiah Thomas Key To Celtics Capturing Atlantic Division Title
- Ainge and the Celtics Maintain “Status Quo” as Trade Deadline Passes
- Celtics Can’t Battle Back, Lose to Ginobli and Spurs 108-105
- Thomas Lead Celtics Drubbing of Cousins and Kings 114-97
- Amir Johnson, Avery Bradley Lead Celtics To Win Over Heat, 105-95
- Magic and Oladipo Stop Celtics 110-91
- Celtics Dominate Wizards, Led by Thomas, 111-78
- Celtics Eek Out Victory Versus Hapless Sixers, 84-80
Celtics Gelling as a Team: Win Six in a Row Including Beating the Lakers
- Updated: February 8, 2013
The Celtics handily defeated the L.A. Lakers in Boston TD Garden Thursday night by a score of 116-95! A game that saw Celtics star Kevin Garnett reach the 25,000 Pt. level and be listed as the 16th top NBA scorer of all time.
However, even KG himself would say the more important story was that the Celtics gelled well, played tough defense, and maintained balanced team basketball!
Many players have been saying “we’ve been playing for Rondo” since he went down with an injury six games ago. Players like Courtney Lee, Jeff Green, and Avery Bradley knew this means they would get more playing time and needed to pick up the slack. So far they have been producing! Setting a tough defense and a steady offense anchored around capable veterans Paul Pierce and Kevin Garnett. Pierce even threw in some impressive triple-double and double-double stats including hitting key game winning last minute shots. Just ask the League leading Clippers who saw Pierce drop some last minute three pointers in their 106-104 defeat in Boston!!!
The Celtics took a side trip up to Toronto and defeated the Raptors on their home court 99-95! Showing their ability to win the next night they bounced back to embarrass the Lakers! Still bickering over who their team leader is… All the Lakers have to do is look at Kevin Garnett as a good example of a team player who always hustles, plays defense, and can rebound/score as well. KG does the hard work that leads to scoreboard wins and he does it unselfishly night in and night out. That’s why he will be one of the best to play the game!
Kobe Bryant acknowledged Boston’s team basketball himself saying after the game “I wish the Lakers played like the Celtics are playing now!”
Let’s hope the streak continues. The next game up for the surging Celtics is on Sunday February 10 against the Denver Nuggets in Boston. If they win it will be 7 in a row! With the All-Star break next weekend that can put them in good position to make a strong run to secure a good slot in the upcoming NBA playoffs! There is still a lot of Basketball left to be played though! Go Celts Go!
Don’t forget to Buy Celtics Tickets and get yourself to a game!
Latest posts by Khai Pham (see all)
- Isaiah Thomas Narrowly Avoids Suspension - April 25, 2016
- Can The Celtics Make a Run In The Playoffs? - February 26, 2016
- Isaiah Thomas Key To Celtics Capturing Atlantic Division Title - February 26, 2016