- Celtics Eek Out Victory Versus Hapless Sixers, 84-80
- Celtics Split With Nets, Lose 110-101
- Bradley Leads Celtics to Drubbing of Nets, 120-95
- Mavericks Rally From 18 Down To Beat Celtics, 106-102
- Thomas leads Celtics to easy 111-95 win over Rockets
- Smart, Thomas Lead Celtics to Victory Over Thunder
- Isaiah Thomas, Celtics Hold off Hawks 106-93
- Recap: Pacers 102, Celtics 91
- Recap: Celtics 99, Bucks 83
- Sullinger Leads Way as Celtics Trounce Wizards 118-98
Celtics Gelling as a Team: Win Six in a Row Including Beating the Lakers
- Updated: February 8, 2013
The Celtics handily defeated the L.A. Lakers in Boston TD Garden Thursday night by a score of 116-95! A game that saw Celtics star Kevin Garnett reach the 25,000 Pt. level and be listed as the 16th top NBA scorer of all time.
However, even KG himself would say the more important story was that the Celtics gelled well, played tough defense, and maintained balanced team basketball!
Many players have been saying “we’ve been playing for Rondo” since he went down with an injury six games ago. Players like Courtney Lee, Jeff Green, and Avery Bradley knew this means they would get more playing time and needed to pick up the slack. So far they have been producing! Setting a tough defense and a steady offense anchored around capable veterans Paul Pierce and Kevin Garnett. Pierce even threw in some impressive triple-double and double-double stats including hitting key game winning last minute shots. Just ask the League leading Clippers who saw Pierce drop some last minute three pointers in their 106-104 defeat in Boston!!!
The Celtics took a side trip up to Toronto and defeated the Raptors on their home court 99-95! Showing their ability to win the next night they bounced back to embarrass the Lakers! Still bickering over who their team leader is… All the Lakers have to do is look at Kevin Garnett as a good example of a team player who always hustles, plays defense, and can rebound/score as well. KG does the hard work that leads to scoreboard wins and he does it unselfishly night in and night out. That’s why he will be one of the best to play the game!
Kobe Bryant acknowledged Boston’s team basketball himself saying after the game “I wish the Lakers played like the Celtics are playing now!”
Let’s hope the streak continues. The next game up for the surging Celtics is on Sunday February 10 against the Denver Nuggets in Boston. If they win it will be 7 in a row! With the All-Star break next weekend that can put them in good position to make a strong run to secure a good slot in the upcoming NBA playoffs! There is still a lot of Basketball left to be played though! Go Celts Go!
Don’t forget to Buy Celtics Tickets and get yourself to a game!
Latest posts by Chris Stevens (see all)
- Celtics Preseason Notes: Rozier to Miss a Week - October 14, 2015
- Did Sullinger Eat His Way Out Of Celts Rotation? - October 13, 2015
- Five Thirty Eight Prediction: Celtics Playoff Bound - October 13, 2015