- Should The Celtics Trade Up In The 2015 Draft?
- Possible Celtics Playoff Matchups: Say No To Lebron
- Can The Celtics Make The Playoffs?
- Bringing The Pain in Maine: Red Claws Beasts Of The East
- The Needed Swede: The Rise of Jonas Jerebko
- Celtics Must Continue To Invest in James Young
- Celtics Deal for JaVale McGee Falls Apart
- Is James Young Already Overrated?
- Isaiah Thomas wins Player of the Week
- Does Jared Sullinger Have a Place on the Celtics?
Jared Sullinger: The Future
- Updated: January 11, 2013
As the 21st overall pick in the NBA, Jared Sullinger, is proving himself every single game to be worthy of playing on such a team as the Boston Celtics. Tonight against the Rockets, he had fourteen points and eleven rebounds. He was 7 for 8 shooting the ball, and he earned his second consecutive double double. He is doing very well compared to the other rookies. He is fourth in rebounds per game with 5.7, first in fewest turnovers per game, sixth in field goal percentage, and third in games played.
Many have suggested that Doc throw him in the starting lineup at Power Forward, where Brandon Bass has been starting. While Bass hasn’t been as productive as one might hope, I don’t think it would be a good fit for Sullinger. As proven tonight, it helps to have a deep bench. Jared Sullinger is young and provides fresh legs off the bench which is something the Celtics need more than a stellar starting Power Forward. The bench carried the team tonight which was something they needed.
The Celtics are in good shape. They are playing very well defensively which is providing opportunities offensively. The young players are playing very well; players such as Lee, Sullinger, and Green. These players could be the future of the Celtics. As far as this year goes, if the team can continue to play well defensively, and get good quality minutes from the bench, then they have a good shot at going deep in the playoffs.
As always, feel free to follow me on twitter @athletesfoot34