- Celtics Eek Out Victory Versus Hapless Sixers, 84-80
- Celtics Split With Nets, Lose 110-101
- Bradley Leads Celtics to Drubbing of Nets, 120-95
- Mavericks Rally From 18 Down To Beat Celtics, 106-102
- Thomas leads Celtics to easy 111-95 win over Rockets
- Smart, Thomas Lead Celtics to Victory Over Thunder
- Isaiah Thomas, Celtics Hold off Hawks 106-93
- Recap: Pacers 102, Celtics 91
- Recap: Celtics 99, Bucks 83
- Sullinger Leads Way as Celtics Trounce Wizards 118-98
Jared Sullinger: The Future
- Updated: January 11, 2013
As the 21st overall pick in the NBA, Jared Sullinger, is proving himself every single game to be worthy of playing on such a team as the Boston Celtics. Tonight against the Rockets, he had fourteen points and eleven rebounds. He was 7 for 8 shooting the ball, and he earned his second consecutive double double. He is doing very well compared to the other rookies. He is fourth in rebounds per game with 5.7, first in fewest turnovers per game, sixth in field goal percentage, and third in games played.
Many have suggested that Doc throw him in the starting lineup at Power Forward, where Brandon Bass has been starting. While Bass hasn’t been as productive as one might hope, I don’t think it would be a good fit for Sullinger. As proven tonight, it helps to have a deep bench. Jared Sullinger is young and provides fresh legs off the bench which is something the Celtics need more than a stellar starting Power Forward. The bench carried the team tonight which was something they needed.
The Celtics are in good shape. They are playing very well defensively which is providing opportunities offensively. The young players are playing very well; players such as Lee, Sullinger, and Green. These players could be the future of the Celtics. As far as this year goes, if the team can continue to play well defensively, and get good quality minutes from the bench, then they have a good shot at going deep in the playoffs.
As always, feel free to follow me on twitter @athletesfoot34
Latest posts by Chris Stevens (see all)
- Celtics Preseason Notes: Rozier to Miss a Week - October 14, 2015
- Did Sullinger Eat His Way Out Of Celts Rotation? - October 13, 2015
- Five Thirty Eight Prediction: Celtics Playoff Bound - October 13, 2015