- Isaiah Thomas Narrowly Avoids Suspension
- Can The Celtics Make a Run In The Playoffs?
- Isaiah Thomas Key To Celtics Capturing Atlantic Division Title
- Ainge and the Celtics Maintain “Status Quo” as Trade Deadline Passes
- Celtics Can’t Battle Back, Lose to Ginobli and Spurs 108-105
- Thomas Lead Celtics Drubbing of Cousins and Kings 114-97
- Amir Johnson, Avery Bradley Lead Celtics To Win Over Heat, 105-95
- Magic and Oladipo Stop Celtics 110-91
- Celtics Dominate Wizards, Led by Thomas, 111-78
- Celtics Eek Out Victory Versus Hapless Sixers, 84-80
Jared Sullinger: The Future
- Updated: January 11, 2013
As the 21st overall pick in the NBA, Jared Sullinger, is proving himself every single game to be worthy of playing on such a team as the Boston Celtics. Tonight against the Rockets, he had fourteen points and eleven rebounds. He was 7 for 8 shooting the ball, and he earned his second consecutive double double. He is doing very well compared to the other rookies. He is fourth in rebounds per game with 5.7, first in fewest turnovers per game, sixth in field goal percentage, and third in games played.
Many have suggested that Doc throw him in the starting lineup at Power Forward, where Brandon Bass has been starting. While Bass hasn’t been as productive as one might hope, I don’t think it would be a good fit for Sullinger. As proven tonight, it helps to have a deep bench. Jared Sullinger is young and provides fresh legs off the bench which is something the Celtics need more than a stellar starting Power Forward. The bench carried the team tonight which was something they needed.
The Celtics are in good shape. They are playing very well defensively which is providing opportunities offensively. The young players are playing very well; players such as Lee, Sullinger, and Green. These players could be the future of the Celtics. As far as this year goes, if the team can continue to play well defensively, and get good quality minutes from the bench, then they have a good shot at going deep in the playoffs.
As always, feel free to follow me on twitter @athletesfoot34
Latest posts by Chris Stevens (see all)
- Isaiah Thomas Narrowly Avoids Suspension - April 25, 2016
- Can The Celtics Make a Run In The Playoffs? - February 26, 2016
- Isaiah Thomas Key To Celtics Capturing Atlantic Division Title - February 26, 2016