- It’s Time for Celtics to Part Ways with Tayshaun Prince
- Can The Celtics Beat the Warriors?
- Forbes: Celtics Valued at $1.7 Billion
- What’s Ainge Going To Do With All These Draft Picks?
- Wait, what, Nate Robinson is back?
- Farewell Uncle Jeff
- Austin Rivers Joins the Celts
- Jeff Green a Goner?
- Brandan Wright Headed to Phoenix
- Celtics Recall Three Players from Maine
The Truth Never Changes
- Updated: December 21, 2012
Earlier in this season, some were speculating as to whether Paul Pierce was going to be able to produce like he had in years past. His numbers were mediocre at best it seemed. But Wednesday Paul Pierce came out and showed that he is still “The Truth.”
Wednesday the Celtics defeated the Cavaliers 103-91 with Paul Pierce being a +29 on the floor. Pierce scored 40 points that night going 6 for 7 from three point range, 13 for 16 from the floor, and a perfect 8 for 8 from the free throw line. He also added 8 rebounds, 5 assists, 3 steals, and 1 block. To sum it all up, Pierce was stellar. His shooting percentage was off the charts after shooting 43% on the year leading up to this game. Pierce’s 40 points helped end the Celtics three game losing streak.
Overall, it was a great night for the Celtics, with Rondo scoring 20 points and dishing out 8 assists, and Jason Terry and Kevin Garnett combining for 27 points. If the Celtics want to keep moving on this road towards victory, this is what they need to be seeing. Their big men need to step up, Rondo needs to be on point, and Pierce needs to keep shooting well. If all these things can be accomplished, the Celtics just might be on their way to banner number eighteen.
Feel free to follow me on Twitter @athletesfoot34