- Putnam Gets Cozy With The Celtics
- Ciao Italy! The Celtics Have Arrived
- Dee Brown Hopes To Teach Basketball in Manila
- Lee Signing Encouraging for Celtics Fans
- Draft Day Recap–How Did The Celtics Do?
- A Look at Celtics Draft Options
- Source: Kings Won’t Trade Cousins for Draft Picks
- Should The Celtics Trade Up In The 2015 Draft?
- Bringing The Pain in Maine: Red Claws Beasts Of The East
- The Needed Swede: The Rise of Jonas Jerebko
The Newest Member of The Big Three
- Updated: October 19, 2012
Rajon Rondo has been with the Celtics since his rookie year in 2006. He’s been one of the key factors to the Celtics success over the years and has proven himself as one of the better point guards in the game. There have been games such as Game 4 against the Hawks in the first round of the Eastern Conference where Rondo has carried the team to victory. He’s smart, he can score, he can drive through several defenders and get to the hoop to smash down the dunk, and he can rebound. With Ray Allen gone, you will probably see Rondo take it up a notch as shown through the pre-season so far. He has played more minutes than anyone else on the team, he has the fifth most points, the most assists by far (which as point guard should not be surprising), but he also is just one rebound shy of matching Brandon Bass. The one thing Rondo will have to watch though is his turnovers. Any basketball fans know that turnovers can lose you the game and last night Rondo had five. You definitely won’t see Rondo shooting threes much. He certainly won’t help with the absence of Ray in that respect. However, that’s where the signing of Jason Terry becomes key. Keep a close eye on Rondo this pre-season. His performance will most definitely play a huge role in the outcome of the Celtics season.
You can find me on twitter @athletesfoot34
Latest posts by Chris Stevens (see all)
- Celtics Open Up Preseason With Convincing 124-91 Over Milano - October 8, 2015
- Putnam Gets Cozy With The Celtics - October 6, 2015
- Ciao Italy! The Celtics Have Arrived - October 6, 2015