- Celtics Eek Out Victory Versus Hapless Sixers, 84-80
- Celtics Split With Nets, Lose 110-101
- Bradley Leads Celtics to Drubbing of Nets, 120-95
- Mavericks Rally From 18 Down To Beat Celtics, 106-102
- Thomas leads Celtics to easy 111-95 win over Rockets
- Smart, Thomas Lead Celtics to Victory Over Thunder
- Isaiah Thomas, Celtics Hold off Hawks 106-93
- Recap: Pacers 102, Celtics 91
- Recap: Celtics 99, Bucks 83
- Sullinger Leads Way as Celtics Trounce Wizards 118-98
Some Say They Won't, But Then Again Maybe They Will…
- Updated: October 18, 2012
CELTIC fans are you ready for some BASKETBALL!
With the NBA PRE-season being well underway, so are the critics and the naysayers. The Celtics PRE-season record is 1-4 after Tuesday nights loss to Brooklyn putting them in last place in the Atlantic Division. While many are optimistic for the 2012-13 NBA Celtic Season after last years heroic Eastern Conference/NBA Championship run, many are already making negative PREdictions that the Celtics may not have what it takes to be championship competitive in the East…especially after losing Ray Allen to the uber talented Celtic arch-rival Miami Heat.
Can I just say that it’s waaaay too early to even begin to speculate on how good the Celtics WILL BE after only five PRE-season games. With Summer roster changes, summer acquisitions and the latest player addition… there is no doubt a lot of work ahead of the Celtics. But no different than any other team in the League, that’s why it’s called PRE-season. Even the Lakers are currently in last place in the Pacific and no one is panicking on the West Coast. I bet if we looked a little closer at the facts, we can speculate on how competitive the Boston Celtics CAN BE in the East.
FACT: The BIG three is still in tact… Garnett, Pierce & Rondo.
FACT: the Celtics boast a roster of four future NBA Hall of Famers in Garnett, Pierce, Terry and Rondo. That alone should make them a contender for this years NBA Crown.
FACT: Rondo, Terry, Lee & Barbosa make up one of the deepest back courts in the NBA.
FACT: The Celtics core have always been veterans. This year’s Roster is made up of 8 seasoned NBA veterans (6+ yrs in league) with both regular season and play-off experience.
FACT: 6-9 Rookie Forward Jared Sullinger has a HIGH learning curve. As he has taken the pre-season by storm averaging 10.8 ppg & 7.2 rpg. Possible Rookie of the Year honors?
So say what you want, the FACTS don’t lie. This Celtic squad may be more competitive than you think. Only time will tell. In the meantime, sit back, relax and enjoy what’s left of the PRE-season.
Rehema “TheEdutainer” Stephens
Latest posts by Chris Stevens (see all)
- Celtics Preseason Notes: Rozier to Miss a Week - October 14, 2015
- Did Sullinger Eat His Way Out Of Celts Rotation? - October 13, 2015
- Five Thirty Eight Prediction: Celtics Playoff Bound - October 13, 2015