- Isaiah Thomas Narrowly Avoids Suspension
- Can The Celtics Make a Run In The Playoffs?
- Isaiah Thomas Key To Celtics Capturing Atlantic Division Title
- Ainge and the Celtics Maintain “Status Quo” as Trade Deadline Passes
- Celtics Can’t Battle Back, Lose to Ginobli and Spurs 108-105
- Thomas Lead Celtics Drubbing of Cousins and Kings 114-97
- Amir Johnson, Avery Bradley Lead Celtics To Win Over Heat, 105-95
- Magic and Oladipo Stop Celtics 110-91
- Celtics Dominate Wizards, Led by Thomas, 111-78
- Celtics Eek Out Victory Versus Hapless Sixers, 84-80
Some Say They Won't, But Then Again Maybe They Will…
- Updated: October 18, 2012
CELTIC fans are you ready for some BASKETBALL!
With the NBA PRE-season being well underway, so are the critics and the naysayers. The Celtics PRE-season record is 1-4 after Tuesday nights loss to Brooklyn putting them in last place in the Atlantic Division. While many are optimistic for the 2012-13 NBA Celtic Season after last years heroic Eastern Conference/NBA Championship run, many are already making negative PREdictions that the Celtics may not have what it takes to be championship competitive in the East…especially after losing Ray Allen to the uber talented Celtic arch-rival Miami Heat.
Can I just say that it’s waaaay too early to even begin to speculate on how good the Celtics WILL BE after only five PRE-season games. With Summer roster changes, summer acquisitions and the latest player addition… there is no doubt a lot of work ahead of the Celtics. But no different than any other team in the League, that’s why it’s called PRE-season. Even the Lakers are currently in last place in the Pacific and no one is panicking on the West Coast. I bet if we looked a little closer at the facts, we can speculate on how competitive the Boston Celtics CAN BE in the East.
FACT: The BIG three is still in tact… Garnett, Pierce & Rondo.
FACT: the Celtics boast a roster of four future NBA Hall of Famers in Garnett, Pierce, Terry and Rondo. That alone should make them a contender for this years NBA Crown.
FACT: Rondo, Terry, Lee & Barbosa make up one of the deepest back courts in the NBA.
FACT: The Celtics core have always been veterans. This year’s Roster is made up of 8 seasoned NBA veterans (6+ yrs in league) with both regular season and play-off experience.
FACT: 6-9 Rookie Forward Jared Sullinger has a HIGH learning curve. As he has taken the pre-season by storm averaging 10.8 ppg & 7.2 rpg. Possible Rookie of the Year honors?
So say what you want, the FACTS don’t lie. This Celtic squad may be more competitive than you think. Only time will tell. In the meantime, sit back, relax and enjoy what’s left of the PRE-season.
Rehema “TheEdutainer” Stephens
Latest posts by Khai Pham (see all)
- Isaiah Thomas Narrowly Avoids Suspension - April 25, 2016
- Can The Celtics Make a Run In The Playoffs? - February 26, 2016
- Isaiah Thomas Key To Celtics Capturing Atlantic Division Title - February 26, 2016