- Celtics Can’t Battle Back, Lose to Ginobli and Spurs 108-105
- Thomas Lead Celtics Drubbing of Cousins and Kings 114-97
- Amir Johnson, Avery Bradley Lead Celtics To Win Over Heat, 105-95
- Magic and Oladipo Stop Celtics 110-91
- Celtics Dominate Wizards, Led by Thomas, 111-78
- Celtics Eek Out Victory Versus Hapless Sixers, 84-80
- Celtics Split With Nets, Lose 110-101
- Bradley Leads Celtics to Drubbing of Nets, 120-95
- Mavericks Rally From 18 Down To Beat Celtics, 106-102
- Thomas leads Celtics to easy 111-95 win over Rockets
Jeff Green: 2013 Hopes
- Updated: October 10, 2012
After doctors discovered a heart condition, Green was forced to sit out of the entire 2011/12 season and watch on helplessly from the sidelines.
Starting his career with the Seattle Supersonics and then moving to Oklahoma City to play with the Thunder, Green quickly emerged as a dangerous scorer. In five seasons in the league he’s averaged 13.9 points per game and has also chipped in with 5.6 rebounds a contest.
The Celtics were excited to have such a scoring presence coming off their bench, which is why they were willing to let Kendrick Perkins go the other way to Oklahoma City.
Cue the health scare and here we are.
Green has had a whole year to prepare for this and the early signs are looking mighty good. He leads the Celtics in scoring through two preseason games, despite coming off the bench in both. Green obviously will be a major factor in this Doc Rivers team this season and you may want to get ready to start tracking the Celtics with your NBA picks.
It couldn’t come at a better time either. Paul Pierce is starting to get up there in age and is going to need more time to rest, meaning Green is sure to get plenty of opportunities to prove his worth. He’ll be a very capable backup at three for Boston.
On a little side note, Boston has excellent backups at all the positions. Avery Bradley will back up Rajon Rondo, Jason Terry’s there for Courtney Lee, Jared Sullinger will spell Brandon Bass, and Jason Collins is the backup center to Kevin Garnett.
Green is just another piece to the puzzle. Don’t be surprised if he gets a lot of time, even alongside Pierce on the cou
Latest posts by Chris Stevens (see all)
- Celtics Preseason Notes: Rozier to Miss a Week - October 14, 2015
- Did Sullinger Eat His Way Out Of Celts Rotation? - October 13, 2015
- Five Thirty Eight Prediction: Celtics Playoff Bound - October 13, 2015