- Isaiah Thomas wins Player of the Week
- Does Jared Sullinger Have a Place on the Celtics?
- The Emergence of Avery Bradley
- Stevens Consolidating Celtics Rotation
- Kevin Garnett Back Where He Belongs
- Celtics 24/7 Garden Report — Jonas Jerebko On Knicks 20 Point Game
- Isaiah Thomas Off To Strong Start in Boston
- Five Things to Know About New Celtics Guard Isaiah Thomas
- Ainge Lands Isaiah Thomas at Trade Deadline
- Goran Dragic Rumors–Do Celtics Have a Shot?
Jeff Green: 2013 Hopes
- Updated: October 10, 2012
After doctors discovered a heart condition, Green was forced to sit out of the entire 2011/12 season and watch on helplessly from the sidelines.
Starting his career with the Seattle Supersonics and then moving to Oklahoma City to play with the Thunder, Green quickly emerged as a dangerous scorer. In five seasons in the league he’s averaged 13.9 points per game and has also chipped in with 5.6 rebounds a contest.
The Celtics were excited to have such a scoring presence coming off their bench, which is why they were willing to let Kendrick Perkins go the other way to Oklahoma City.
Cue the health scare and here we are.
Green has had a whole year to prepare for this and the early signs are looking mighty good. He leads the Celtics in scoring through two preseason games, despite coming off the bench in both. Green obviously will be a major factor in this Doc Rivers team this season and you may want to get ready to start tracking the Celtics with your NBA picks.
It couldn’t come at a better time either. Paul Pierce is starting to get up there in age and is going to need more time to rest, meaning Green is sure to get plenty of opportunities to prove his worth. He’ll be a very capable backup at three for Boston.
On a little side note, Boston has excellent backups at all the positions. Avery Bradley will back up Rajon Rondo, Jason Terry’s there for Courtney Lee, Jared Sullinger will spell Brandon Bass, and Jason Collins is the backup center to Kevin Garnett.
Green is just another piece to the puzzle. Don’t be surprised if he gets a lot of time, even alongside Pierce on the cou