- Isaiah Thomas Narrowly Avoids Suspension
- Can The Celtics Make a Run In The Playoffs?
- Isaiah Thomas Key To Celtics Capturing Atlantic Division Title
- Ainge and the Celtics Maintain “Status Quo” as Trade Deadline Passes
- Celtics Can’t Battle Back, Lose to Ginobli and Spurs 108-105
- Thomas Lead Celtics Drubbing of Cousins and Kings 114-97
- Amir Johnson, Avery Bradley Lead Celtics To Win Over Heat, 105-95
- Magic and Oladipo Stop Celtics 110-91
- Celtics Dominate Wizards, Led by Thomas, 111-78
- Celtics Eek Out Victory Versus Hapless Sixers, 84-80
Grabbing the Boards
- Updated: October 31, 2012
Last night the Celtics lost to the Heat 120-107. It was clearly a disappointing performance on the defense’s part, however, there were some good signs seen in this game. One particular aspect was the rebounding.
Last year the Celtics were last in the entire NBA in rebounding. They also had one of the worst differentials in the NBA with opposing teams out rebounding them by an average of four rebounds a game. Last night, on the other hand, showed hope. The Celtics out rebounded the Heat forty-one to thirty-six. Kevin Garnett pulled down twelve boards while Brandon Bass grabbed eleven. Bass had six of the team’s seven offensive rebounds.
Last year, if you listened to the Celtics Radio Network, you would have heard Cedric Maxwell time and time again, emphasize how much the Celtics needed to take advantage of second-chance opportunities. Often games were lost because they could not accomplish just that.
It is worth noting that the Heat were ranked sixth last year in rebounding. Lebron James and Chris Bosh both averaged 7.9 rebounds per game, only .3 rebounds behind Kevin Garnett. Last night Bosh and James had ten boards a piece. The rebounding certainly didn’t play a factor in the loss; the turnovers certainly played a big part. If the Celtics can keep up the rebounding with Garnett Bass and even Rondo (who had seven rebounds last night), then there is good hope for the Celtics in the future of this season.
Feel free to follow me on twitter @athletesfoot34
Latest posts by Chris Stevens (see all)
- Isaiah Thomas Narrowly Avoids Suspension - April 25, 2016
- Can The Celtics Make a Run In The Playoffs? - February 26, 2016
- Isaiah Thomas Key To Celtics Capturing Atlantic Division Title - February 26, 2016