- Did Sullinger Eat His Way Out Of Celts Rotation?
- Five Thirty Eight Prediction: Celtics Playoff Bound
- NBA’s Best Draft Picks of All Time
- Putnam Gets Cozy With The Celtics
- Ciao Italy! The Celtics Have Arrived
- Dee Brown Hopes To Teach Basketball in Manila
- Lee Signing Encouraging for Celtics Fans
- Draft Day Recap–How Did The Celtics Do?
- A Look at Celtics Draft Options
- Source: Kings Won’t Trade Cousins for Draft Picks
Grabbing the Boards
- Updated: October 31, 2012
Last night the Celtics lost to the Heat 120-107. It was clearly a disappointing performance on the defense’s part, however, there were some good signs seen in this game. One particular aspect was the rebounding.
Last year the Celtics were last in the entire NBA in rebounding. They also had one of the worst differentials in the NBA with opposing teams out rebounding them by an average of four rebounds a game. Last night, on the other hand, showed hope. The Celtics out rebounded the Heat forty-one to thirty-six. Kevin Garnett pulled down twelve boards while Brandon Bass grabbed eleven. Bass had six of the team’s seven offensive rebounds.
Last year, if you listened to the Celtics Radio Network, you would have heard Cedric Maxwell time and time again, emphasize how much the Celtics needed to take advantage of second-chance opportunities. Often games were lost because they could not accomplish just that.
It is worth noting that the Heat were ranked sixth last year in rebounding. Lebron James and Chris Bosh both averaged 7.9 rebounds per game, only .3 rebounds behind Kevin Garnett. Last night Bosh and James had ten boards a piece. The rebounding certainly didn’t play a factor in the loss; the turnovers certainly played a big part. If the Celtics can keep up the rebounding with Garnett Bass and even Rondo (who had seven rebounds last night), then there is good hope for the Celtics in the future of this season.
Feel free to follow me on twitter @athletesfoot34
Latest posts by Chris Stevens (see all)
- Did Sullinger Eat His Way Out Of Celts Rotation? - October 13, 2015
- Five Thirty Eight Prediction: Celtics Playoff Bound - October 13, 2015
- NBA’s Best Draft Picks of All Time - October 10, 2015