- Isaiah Thomas Narrowly Avoids Suspension
- Can The Celtics Make a Run In The Playoffs?
- Isaiah Thomas Key To Celtics Capturing Atlantic Division Title
- Ainge and the Celtics Maintain “Status Quo” as Trade Deadline Passes
- Celtics Can’t Battle Back, Lose to Ginobli and Spurs 108-105
- Thomas Lead Celtics Drubbing of Cousins and Kings 114-97
- Amir Johnson, Avery Bradley Lead Celtics To Win Over Heat, 105-95
- Magic and Oladipo Stop Celtics 110-91
- Celtics Dominate Wizards, Led by Thomas, 111-78
- Celtics Eek Out Victory Versus Hapless Sixers, 84-80
Boston Celtics: 2012-2013 and the Future
- Updated: July 5, 2012
The Celtics stumbled and at the same time rolled their way to the Eastern Conference Finals this season, but ultimately lost to the Heat in seven games, even after going up 3-2 in the series. An offseason of questions is surrounding the Celtics, but early news out of free agency is looking rather good for a team that could have taken a huge step down this upcoming season. The Celtics at +2000 to win the NBA Title next season seems like good value to me and I recommend a small play as part of my free NBA picks.
The biggest questions around the Celtics were the draft and their two big free agents. They drafted two solid big men, Jared Sullinger and Fab Melo, and they have reached an agreement with Kevin Garnett to come back for another three seasons. They have also come to a verbal agreement with Jason Terry. However, now that Terry will be joining the club, it doesn’t look like Ray Allen will be returning.
Now the club will look to re-sign swing men Jeff Green and Mickael Pietrus. If they can pull off both of those deals, the Celtics will be looking almost better than last season. If Green and Avery Bradley can remain healthy, this team will be a force in the East still along with Paul Pierce and Rajon Rondo.
The Celtics took the Heat to seven games after being tired and injured, and with their apparent new roster taking form, they and the Chicago Bulls will be the biggest hurdles for the Heat in the Eastern Conference.
Latest posts by Chris Stevens (see all)
- Isaiah Thomas Narrowly Avoids Suspension - April 25, 2016
- Can The Celtics Make a Run In The Playoffs? - February 26, 2016
- Isaiah Thomas Key To Celtics Capturing Atlantic Division Title - February 26, 2016