- Celtics Eek Out Victory Versus Hapless Sixers, 84-80
- Celtics Split With Nets, Lose 110-101
- Bradley Leads Celtics to Drubbing of Nets, 120-95
- Mavericks Rally From 18 Down To Beat Celtics, 106-102
- Thomas leads Celtics to easy 111-95 win over Rockets
- Smart, Thomas Lead Celtics to Victory Over Thunder
- Isaiah Thomas, Celtics Hold off Hawks 106-93
- Recap: Pacers 102, Celtics 91
- Recap: Celtics 99, Bucks 83
- Sullinger Leads Way as Celtics Trounce Wizards 118-98
Boston Celtics: 2012-2013 and the Future
- Updated: July 5, 2012
The Celtics stumbled and at the same time rolled their way to the Eastern Conference Finals this season, but ultimately lost to the Heat in seven games, even after going up 3-2 in the series. An offseason of questions is surrounding the Celtics, but early news out of free agency is looking rather good for a team that could have taken a huge step down this upcoming season. The Celtics at +2000 to win the NBA Title next season seems like good value to me and I recommend a small play as part of my free NBA picks.
The biggest questions around the Celtics were the draft and their two big free agents. They drafted two solid big men, Jared Sullinger and Fab Melo, and they have reached an agreement with Kevin Garnett to come back for another three seasons. They have also come to a verbal agreement with Jason Terry. However, now that Terry will be joining the club, it doesn’t look like Ray Allen will be returning.
Now the club will look to re-sign swing men Jeff Green and Mickael Pietrus. If they can pull off both of those deals, the Celtics will be looking almost better than last season. If Green and Avery Bradley can remain healthy, this team will be a force in the East still along with Paul Pierce and Rajon Rondo.
The Celtics took the Heat to seven games after being tired and injured, and with their apparent new roster taking form, they and the Chicago Bulls will be the biggest hurdles for the Heat in the Eastern Conference.
Latest posts by Chris Stevens (see all)
- Celtics Preseason Notes: Rozier to Miss a Week - October 14, 2015
- Did Sullinger Eat His Way Out Of Celts Rotation? - October 13, 2015
- Five Thirty Eight Prediction: Celtics Playoff Bound - October 13, 2015