- Celtics Can’t Battle Back, Lose to Ginobli and Spurs 108-105
- Thomas Lead Celtics Drubbing of Cousins and Kings 114-97
- Amir Johnson, Avery Bradley Lead Celtics To Win Over Heat, 105-95
- Magic and Oladipo Stop Celtics 110-91
- Celtics Dominate Wizards, Led by Thomas, 111-78
- Celtics Eek Out Victory Versus Hapless Sixers, 84-80
- Celtics Split With Nets, Lose 110-101
- Bradley Leads Celtics to Drubbing of Nets, 120-95
- Mavericks Rally From 18 Down To Beat Celtics, 106-102
- Thomas leads Celtics to easy 111-95 win over Rockets
- Updated: June 27, 2012
The 2011-2012 Celtics season didn’t end the way we all wanted it to with a game 7 loss to the Miami Heat in the Eastern Conference Finals. We all have to move and look ahead to the 2012-2013 season as well as the long-term future of this team. It all starts tonight as the Celtics have picks #21 and #22 in the 1st round as well as a 2nd round pick. Free agency and the decision of KG will come after July 1st, so Danny and Doc have to focus on tonight and not worry about the everything else that will and may happen in a few weeks. So here are 5 scenarios I can see happening tonight(with only 1 actually going to happen).
1.Don’t do anything and make picks at 21 and 22. This is the obvious one for Danny is to wait and see who falls to him at 21 and 22. My picks would be Royce White at 21 and Fab Melo at 22.
2. Trade 21 and 22 to move up. I would like to see this happen and instead of getting two more young guys when we already have Moore and Johnson on the roster trade up to get just one. Try to make a trade with the Suns at 13 or 76ers at 15 to move up and get an impact player.
3. Pick one trade one. This means the Celtics use the 21st pick to select a player and trade the 22nd pick for a 1st next year. A classic “Patriots” move by Danny if he pulls this off.
4. Move down. The Celtics also have the ability to move down. This is unlikely as the only reason you would move down is to pick up more selections later on in this draft or future drafts. We all no Doc does not have patience for younger players, so the only way the Celtics move down is if a veteran player is in the deal for the Celtics to slide down later in the draft with one of both picks.
5. Blockbuster trade. Trade one or both of the picks along with Pierce for……..
The draft is my favorite day of the year follow me on twitter @JCCeltics247 for live draft coverage.
Latest posts by Chris Stevens (see all)
- Celtics Preseason Notes: Rozier to Miss a Week - October 14, 2015
- Did Sullinger Eat His Way Out Of Celts Rotation? - October 13, 2015
- Five Thirty Eight Prediction: Celtics Playoff Bound - October 13, 2015