- Isaiah Thomas Narrowly Avoids Suspension
- Can The Celtics Make a Run In The Playoffs?
- Isaiah Thomas Key To Celtics Capturing Atlantic Division Title
- Ainge and the Celtics Maintain “Status Quo” as Trade Deadline Passes
- Celtics Can’t Battle Back, Lose to Ginobli and Spurs 108-105
- Thomas Lead Celtics Drubbing of Cousins and Kings 114-97
- Amir Johnson, Avery Bradley Lead Celtics To Win Over Heat, 105-95
- Magic and Oladipo Stop Celtics 110-91
- Celtics Dominate Wizards, Led by Thomas, 111-78
- Celtics Eek Out Victory Versus Hapless Sixers, 84-80
No Rondo, No Ray, No Problem Series Tied At 1
- Updated: May 1, 2012
Paul Pierce led the Rondo and Ray less Celtics to a 87-8o win over the Atlanta Hawks in game two of the best of seven Eastern Conference 1st rd series. Pierce had 36 points, 14 rebounds and 4 assist as the Celtics tie the series up at one game a piece heading back to Boston for game 3 Friday night. A few other points that stuck out to me Tuesday night:
1. Obviously first and foremost the game Paul Pierce needed to play without Rondo and Ray. Pierce just went off with big shot after big shot in the fourth quarter.
2. DEFENSE, I haven’t seen this Celtics team play this good of D since the 2008 title run, KG was a monster as well as Avery Bradley contributing with some key stops at the end.
3. Doc did a great job coaching once the C’s got down eleven some teams would have packed it in but not this group and Doc was the leading man in helping to get the win.
4. The switch from Bass to Marquis down the stretch, Josh Smith went out with a knee injury so Doc seen the chance to go small where the Celtics are much better on both ends of the floor.
5. The Hawks just flat out fell apart in the 4th and with Josh Smith maybe out for game 3 and Rondo coming back they will need a huge and I mean huge effort Friday night in Boston if they want to get the lead in the series back.
Latest posts by Chris Stevens (see all)
- Isaiah Thomas Narrowly Avoids Suspension - April 25, 2016
- Can The Celtics Make a Run In The Playoffs? - February 26, 2016
- Isaiah Thomas Key To Celtics Capturing Atlantic Division Title - February 26, 2016