- Celtics Split With Nets, Lose 110-101
- Bradley Leads Celtics to Drubbing of Nets, 120-95
- Mavericks Rally From 18 Down To Beat Celtics, 106-102
- Thomas leads Celtics to easy 111-95 win over Rockets
- Smart, Thomas Lead Celtics to Victory Over Thunder
- Isaiah Thomas, Celtics Hold off Hawks 106-93
- Recap: Pacers 102, Celtics 91
- Recap: Celtics 99, Bucks 83
- Sullinger Leads Way as Celtics Trounce Wizards 118-98
- Paul George Dominates as Pacers Eek Out Win vs Celtics, 100-98
KG Turns Back the Clock With Player of the Week Award
- Updated: April 16, 2012
Remember in the first month of the lockout-shortened season we were wondering “Does Kevin Garnett have anything left in the tank?” That question simply seems so silly. He has got himself in shape and is healthy proving the Celtics may in fact have one more championship run within their big 3
Kevin Garnett was just rewarded for his fine play with earning himself an Eastern Conference Player of the Week nod. Last week the KG lead the Celtics to a 4-1 record, with their lone loss coming against the Raptors in the beginning of a back-to-back-to-back road trip.
In the 4 games KG suited up for (the Big 3 was held out for Sundays game versus the Charlotte Bobcats), he averaged 20 points, 10.8 rebounds, 2.5 assists, and 1 block.
A snapshot of his week courtesy of the NBA:
* April 10 @ Miami: Tallied 24 points, nine rebounds, two assists and two blocks in a 115-107 win over the Heat.
* April 11 vs. Atlanta: Posted 22 points, 12 rebounds, two assists and three steals in a 88-86 win over the Hawks.
* April 14 @ New Jersey: Tallied 21 points, 12 rebounds and three assists during a 94-82 win over the Nets.
Pretty darn impressive for someone who people were writing off within the first month of the season.
Latest posts by Chris Stevens (see all)
- Celtics Preseason Notes: Rozier to Miss a Week - October 14, 2015
- Did Sullinger Eat His Way Out Of Celts Rotation? - October 13, 2015
- Five Thirty Eight Prediction: Celtics Playoff Bound - October 13, 2015