- Lee Signing Encouraging for Celtics Fans
- Draft Day Recap–How Did The Celtics Do?
- A Look at Celtics Draft Options
- Source: Kings Won’t Trade Cousins for Draft Picks
- Should The Celtics Trade Up In The 2015 Draft?
- Bringing The Pain in Maine: Red Claws Beasts Of The East
- The Needed Swede: The Rise of Jonas Jerebko
- Celtics Must Continue To Invest in James Young
- Celtics Deal for JaVale McGee Falls Apart
- Is James Young Already Overrated?
KG Turns Back the Clock With Player of the Week Award
- Updated: April 16, 2012
Remember in the first month of the lockout-shortened season we were wondering “Does Kevin Garnett have anything left in the tank?” That question simply seems so silly. He has got himself in shape and is healthy proving the Celtics may in fact have one more championship run within their big 3
Kevin Garnett was just rewarded for his fine play with earning himself an Eastern Conference Player of the Week nod. Last week the KG lead the Celtics to a 4-1 record, with their lone loss coming against the Raptors in the beginning of a back-to-back-to-back road trip.
In the 4 games KG suited up for (the Big 3 was held out for Sundays game versus the Charlotte Bobcats), he averaged 20 points, 10.8 rebounds, 2.5 assists, and 1 block.
A snapshot of his week courtesy of the NBA:
* April 10 @ Miami: Tallied 24 points, nine rebounds, two assists and two blocks in a 115-107 win over the Heat.
* April 11 vs. Atlanta: Posted 22 points, 12 rebounds, two assists and three steals in a 88-86 win over the Hawks.
* April 14 @ New Jersey: Tallied 21 points, 12 rebounds and three assists during a 94-82 win over the Nets.
Pretty darn impressive for someone who people were writing off within the first month of the season.