- Should The Celtics Trade Up In The 2015 Draft?
- Possible Celtics Playoff Matchups: Say No To Lebron
- Can The Celtics Make The Playoffs?
- Bringing The Pain in Maine: Red Claws Beasts Of The East
- The Needed Swede: The Rise of Jonas Jerebko
- Celtics Must Continue To Invest in James Young
- Celtics Deal for JaVale McGee Falls Apart
- Is James Young Already Overrated?
- Isaiah Thomas wins Player of the Week
- Does Jared Sullinger Have a Place on the Celtics?
Celtics Practice Notes Before Playoff Series Versus Atlanta
- Updated: April 27, 2012
The chase to banner number 18 will begin Sunday in Atlanta. Before leaving, the Celtics held a practice on Friday afternoon with near perfect attendance heading into the playoffs.
Ray Allen, still hobbled by his sore right ankle, did some light shooting before practice and some free-throw shooting at the end, but was otherwise not involved.
Greg Stiemsma, who has sat out practices recently due to foot and knee ailments, did participate.
Paul Pierce, who had left the regular-season finale on Thursday night with a sprained left big toe, also practiced. Pierce said it was a minor problem and he didn’t expect it to hinder him in the playoffs.
The only question marking heading into Sundays match-up remains Ray Allen. Thanks to plenty of rest near the end of the season to get top players healthy, the Celtics look like the favorite versus the Hawks.