- Stevens Consolidating Celtics Rotation
- Kevin Garnett Back Where He Belongs
- Celtics 24/7 Garden Report — Jonas Jerebko On Knicks 20 Point Game
- Isaiah Thomas Off To Strong Start in Boston
- Five Things to Know About New Celtics Guard Isaiah Thomas
- Ainge Lands Isaiah Thomas at Trade Deadline
- Goran Dragic Rumors–Do Celtics Have a Shot?
- Could a Boston Deal for Demarcus Cousins be a Reality?
- Celtics Trade Rumor Roundup
- The Best Celtics Rookie Cards of All Time
Celtics Revisit Possible Trade With New Orleans Hornets
- Updated: March 14, 2012
Before the season, the Celtics had interest in acquiring New Orleans Hornets’ David West. Now the Celtics are rumored to have revisited a possible trade with the New Orleans Hornets, but this time for big man Chris Kaman, according to Hornets24/7:
Hornets247 is saying a trade would involve the Celtics sending Jermaine O’Neal, Chris Wilcox, and JaJuan Johnson.
To me, I have no idea why the Hornets would possibly do that trade considering the only player that is definite to play would be Johnson. Before the season, O’Neal said he would likely retire if he was dealt to a contender (which the Hornets are not) and was the primary reason for the West trade to fall through. Also, O’Neal is contemplating wrist surgery, which would likely shut him down for the remainder of the season.
Chris Wilcox has shown signs for a heart problem, and if serious, could also be shut down for the season (which is reported to be the case). So likely, the only workable piece that the Hornets would acquire would be rookie JaJuan Johnson.