- Celtics Split With Nets, Lose 110-101
- Bradley Leads Celtics to Drubbing of Nets, 120-95
- Mavericks Rally From 18 Down To Beat Celtics, 106-102
- Thomas leads Celtics to easy 111-95 win over Rockets
- Smart, Thomas Lead Celtics to Victory Over Thunder
- Isaiah Thomas, Celtics Hold off Hawks 106-93
- Recap: Pacers 102, Celtics 91
- Recap: Celtics 99, Bucks 83
- Sullinger Leads Way as Celtics Trounce Wizards 118-98
- Paul George Dominates as Pacers Eek Out Win vs Celtics, 100-98
Celtics Revisit Possible Trade With New Orleans Hornets
- Updated: March 14, 2012
Before the season, the Celtics had interest in acquiring New Orleans Hornets’ David West. Now the Celtics are rumored to have revisited a possible trade with the New Orleans Hornets, but this time for big man Chris Kaman, according to Hornets24/7:
Hornets247 is saying a trade would involve the Celtics sending Jermaine O’Neal, Chris Wilcox, and JaJuan Johnson.
To me, I have no idea why the Hornets would possibly do that trade considering the only player that is definite to play would be Johnson. Before the season, O’Neal said he would likely retire if he was dealt to a contender (which the Hornets are not) and was the primary reason for the West trade to fall through. Also, O’Neal is contemplating wrist surgery, which would likely shut him down for the remainder of the season.
Chris Wilcox has shown signs for a heart problem, and if serious, could also be shut down for the season (which is reported to be the case). So likely, the only workable piece that the Hornets would acquire would be rookie JaJuan Johnson.
Latest posts by Chris Stevens (see all)
- Celtics Preseason Notes: Rozier to Miss a Week - October 14, 2015
- Did Sullinger Eat His Way Out Of Celts Rotation? - October 13, 2015
- Five Thirty Eight Prediction: Celtics Playoff Bound - October 13, 2015