- Isaiah Thomas Narrowly Avoids Suspension
- Can The Celtics Make a Run In The Playoffs?
- Isaiah Thomas Key To Celtics Capturing Atlantic Division Title
- Ainge and the Celtics Maintain “Status Quo” as Trade Deadline Passes
- Celtics Can’t Battle Back, Lose to Ginobli and Spurs 108-105
- Thomas Lead Celtics Drubbing of Cousins and Kings 114-97
- Amir Johnson, Avery Bradley Lead Celtics To Win Over Heat, 105-95
- Magic and Oladipo Stop Celtics 110-91
- Celtics Dominate Wizards, Led by Thomas, 111-78
- Celtics Eek Out Victory Versus Hapless Sixers, 84-80
Valentines Day Practice Updates
- Updated: February 14, 2012
The Celtics didn’t make it out their Sunday games vs. the Bulls extremely healthy, according to ESPN Boston
KG didn’t participate in Tuesday’s practice after pulling his groin on Sunday. Doc lists him as doubtful for the Wednesday’s game
“[Garnett’s injury] started during [Sunday’s game against the Bulls],” said Rivers. “Kevin has a 50/50 chance [of playing Wednesday]. We’ll find out [Wednesday]. It’s nothing bad with Kevin. But [Celtics trainer Ed Lacerte] really suggested two days off and then he said today, ‘Maybe three days off.’ So we’ll find that out [Wednesday].”
Mickael Pietrus is also listed as doubtful for Wednesday. He participated in some of Tuesday’s practice, but is dealing with discomft in the knee he had surgery on in the off-season.
The Celtics will most likely welcome back JO on Wednesday after he sat out the past two games. He said he is still sore, yet will try to give it ago.
“I just took a direct blow to the capsule part of the shoulder and really inflamed it to the point where I couldn’t raise it,” O’Neal said following Tuesday’s session. “It’s one of those things where you just come in and get treatment and get back to the point where you can get some more movement in it.”
Brandon Bass discussed his knee issue that is likely to keep him out 2 weeks.
“I injured myself and I didn’t want to sit out,” said Bass. “I wanted to continue to play. Now I’m resting it and then I’m strengthening it up, and then I’ll be ready to go. “
Final injury note, Keyon Dooling suffered a setback during practice. He didn’t look too sharp at practice, but Doc said Dooling will likely play on Wednesday.
“I was a little worried, honestly, watching him practice,” Rivers acknowledged, before noting he thinks Dooling will still suit up on Wednesday.
“I think he’s going to play,” said Rivers. “I think he wants to play. But I did think as practice went on he started trying to shy away from contact.”
Latest posts by Chris Stevens (see all)
- Isaiah Thomas Narrowly Avoids Suspension - April 25, 2016
- Can The Celtics Make a Run In The Playoffs? - February 26, 2016
- Isaiah Thomas Key To Celtics Capturing Atlantic Division Title - February 26, 2016