- Should The Celtics Trade Up In The 2015 Draft?
- Possible Celtics Playoff Matchups: Say No To Lebron
- Can The Celtics Make The Playoffs?
- Bringing The Pain in Maine: Red Claws Beasts Of The East
- The Needed Swede: The Rise of Jonas Jerebko
- Celtics Must Continue To Invest in James Young
- Celtics Deal for JaVale McGee Falls Apart
- Is James Young Already Overrated?
- Isaiah Thomas wins Player of the Week
- Does Jared Sullinger Have a Place on the Celtics?
It's Raining Threes!
- Updated: February 5, 2012
No one would be surprised if Ray, Pierce, or even Pietrus (who I’ll write about in a post later this week) was pictured with the words 3 pointers. But Kevin Garnett, in the last 3 games, is perfect from beyond the arc (3-3). You may say “small sample” size. But heck, who cares! And KG, yeah, he wants you to wipe that surprise look off your face each time he drains a 3 pointer like Ray Allen.
Friday night he told everyone he didn’t want to become the next Rasheed Wallace. But Sunday, he drained another 3 pointer. Following today’s game, he chatted with reporters about his butter-like stroke from a distance this season:
“Don’t get used to that y’all. It’s not even that. Man, listen, I can shoot 3’s. OK? We need to cut this, alright? Because I don’t want no more questions about this — I can shoot 3’s, alright? You’re all acting like I’m 50 and I’m out here on one leg and a cane. Some nights are better than others. I’m human, I mess up. I make mistakes. But I can shoot 3’s.”
He explains he doesn’t take many 3 because he plays alongside some player named Ray Allen? Yeah I heard he’s pretty good 3 point shooter.
“I can shoot 3’s. Look do not get all, ‘Shoot a 3!’ I don’t want that. You know how [the fans] used to do it with [Brian Scalabrine]. ‘Shoooooot!’ No, don’t do that; Don’t do that to me. I’m not on the Celtics to be out here shooting 3’s. I am here to do other things, not shoot 3’s. But I can shoot 3’s, OK.
So everyone got that? KG can shoot 3s and pick up your jaw off the floor when he does!