- Celtics Can’t Battle Back, Lose to Ginobli and Spurs 108-105
- Thomas Lead Celtics Drubbing of Cousins and Kings 114-97
- Amir Johnson, Avery Bradley Lead Celtics To Win Over Heat, 105-95
- Magic and Oladipo Stop Celtics 110-91
- Celtics Dominate Wizards, Led by Thomas, 111-78
- Celtics Eek Out Victory Versus Hapless Sixers, 84-80
- Celtics Split With Nets, Lose 110-101
- Bradley Leads Celtics to Drubbing of Nets, 120-95
- Mavericks Rally From 18 Down To Beat Celtics, 106-102
- Thomas leads Celtics to easy 111-95 win over Rockets
It's Raining Threes!
- Updated: February 5, 2012
No one would be surprised if Ray, Pierce, or even Pietrus (who I’ll write about in a post later this week) was pictured with the words 3 pointers. But Kevin Garnett, in the last 3 games, is perfect from beyond the arc (3-3). You may say “small sample” size. But heck, who cares! And KG, yeah, he wants you to wipe that surprise look off your face each time he drains a 3 pointer like Ray Allen.
Friday night he told everyone he didn’t want to become the next Rasheed Wallace. But Sunday, he drained another 3 pointer. Following today’s game, he chatted with reporters about his butter-like stroke from a distance this season:
“Don’t get used to that y’all. It’s not even that. Man, listen, I can shoot 3’s. OK? We need to cut this, alright? Because I don’t want no more questions about this — I can shoot 3’s, alright? You’re all acting like I’m 50 and I’m out here on one leg and a cane. Some nights are better than others. I’m human, I mess up. I make mistakes. But I can shoot 3’s.”
He explains he doesn’t take many 3 because he plays alongside some player named Ray Allen? Yeah I heard he’s pretty good 3 point shooter.
“I can shoot 3’s. Look do not get all, ‘Shoot a 3!’ I don’t want that. You know how [the fans] used to do it with [Brian Scalabrine]. ‘Shoooooot!’ No, don’t do that; Don’t do that to me. I’m not on the Celtics to be out here shooting 3’s. I am here to do other things, not shoot 3’s. But I can shoot 3’s, OK.
So everyone got that? KG can shoot 3s and pick up your jaw off the floor when he does!
Latest posts by Chris Stevens (see all)
- Celtics Preseason Notes: Rozier to Miss a Week - October 14, 2015
- Did Sullinger Eat His Way Out Of Celts Rotation? - October 13, 2015
- Five Thirty Eight Prediction: Celtics Playoff Bound - October 13, 2015