- Marcus Smart Needs to Start
- Celtics-Timberwolves Preview
- It’s Time for Celtics to Part Ways with Tayshaun Prince
- Can The Celtics Beat the Warriors?
- Forbes: Celtics Valued at $1.7 Billion
- What’s Ainge Going To Do With All These Draft Picks?
- Wait, what, Nate Robinson is back?
- Farewell Uncle Jeff
- Austin Rivers Joins the Celts
- Jeff Green a Goner?
Celtics Host Pistons In Must Win
- Updated: February 15, 2012
If there was ever a must win before a road trip then the All Star break following that tonight is the night for a must win. The lonely Detroit Pistons stroll into town after losing last night to the Spurs at home. Even though the Celtics will be without KG(Hip) and Pietrus(Knee) don’t look for the Celtics to make any excuses going into tonight’s tilt at the Garden.Following from The AP:
Detroit dropped a 96-85 decision in Boston on Dec. 30 this season, as Pierce had 12 points in his season debut after a heel injury sidelined him for the first three games. Monroe scored 22 and had nine rebounds in that one for the Pistons, who have lost three straight and 11 of the last 14 meetings in this series.
Detroit has lost four in a row and six of its last seven at Boston.
Look for the two rookies Johnson and Moore to see some big minutes along with Marquis Daniels who has been limited with Pietrus who has taken most of the minutes played away from Daniels. All in all the Celtics need this win as it will be the last game of the first half at home before the break.