- Stevens Consolidating Celtics Rotation
- Kevin Garnett Back Where He Belongs
- Celtics 24/7 Garden Report — Jonas Jerebko On Knicks 20 Point Game
- Isaiah Thomas Off To Strong Start in Boston
- Five Things to Know About New Celtics Guard Isaiah Thomas
- Ainge Lands Isaiah Thomas at Trade Deadline
- Goran Dragic Rumors–Do Celtics Have a Shot?
- Could a Boston Deal for Demarcus Cousins be a Reality?
- Celtics Trade Rumor Roundup
- The Best Celtics Rookie Cards of All Time
Celtics Biggest Problem
- Updated: February 2, 2012
It is known that most athletes in general don’t want to come play in Boston because of the weather and it’s not flashy enough of a city. For example, Tom Brady jokingly tried to convince Maurice Jones Drew to come to New England and play for them but he said something to the extent of “I am a Cali man it’s to cold up there for me.” So now imagine this day in age with the NBA and its basketball players, they are all over paid ego- maniacs and that is a problem for the Celtics.
Boston is not appealing, it is historic in its own ways but it’s not big enough of a city to showcase themselves. So here comes the question we would all like to have answered: What is it going to take to convince a Dwight Howard to come and join the Celtics if he reaches free agency? I never had faith in Danny pulling off what he did when he got the big 3. Once I heard Paul Pierce basically say” make us a contender or trade me,” my first thought was well if the Celtics weren’t already bad enough we are in trouble.
What Danny did back then is clearly impossible now because every NBA player for some reason has the choice to dictate where he ends up even through trades. The NBA allows this and in general it’s a problem. It’s one thing for them to choose with free agency, but now they can make a list to where they want to get traded to and the teams abide to it.
Chris Paul got away with it and now the clippers are up and coming, so these super teams will not stop and now the Celtics are in trouble. But the Celtics were the ones who started this “big 3″ teams a long time ago. All the fans can hope and pray for is Danny has something up his sleeve or the Celtics will be back to number 4 when it comes to Boston sports AGAIN.