- Isaiah Thomas Narrowly Avoids Suspension
- Can The Celtics Make a Run In The Playoffs?
- Isaiah Thomas Key To Celtics Capturing Atlantic Division Title
- Ainge and the Celtics Maintain “Status Quo” as Trade Deadline Passes
- Celtics Can’t Battle Back, Lose to Ginobli and Spurs 108-105
- Thomas Lead Celtics Drubbing of Cousins and Kings 114-97
- Amir Johnson, Avery Bradley Lead Celtics To Win Over Heat, 105-95
- Magic and Oladipo Stop Celtics 110-91
- Celtics Dominate Wizards, Led by Thomas, 111-78
- Celtics Eek Out Victory Versus Hapless Sixers, 84-80
AS Deadline Nears, What Does Danny Do….
- Updated: February 24, 2012
As the All Star break is upon us that means one thing for this 2012 Celtics team. Does Danny blow up this team and start rebuilding right now, Does he ride it out with this 15-17 team at the break as is with the Big 4, or does he try to make one last run with this group and pull off a trade that none of us see coming. My guess is just as good as yours but I do have a sense that Ainge is going to make some deal before the March 15th deadline. I have Five trade ideas that I wouldn’t mind seeing at least one or two of these going down.
Boston gets: Devin Harris, Paul Millsap
Utah gets: Rajon Rondo, Jermaine O’Neal
Reason: If you are trying to lure Dwight Howard or Deron Williams next summer this is a good way to start with getting Harris who can play the 2 as well as the 1 and Millsap who is going to get a back seat to Derrick Favors in Utah. The Jazz need a PG and Rondo would be perfect for them and with this trade you will have a better bench(Millsap off bench) this season if you only make this trade.
Boston gets: Shawn Marion
Dallas gets: Ray Allen
Reason: I no the Mavericks have Jason Terry but you can never have enough shooters and Ray would fit in good with the Mavs. Cuban wants to get rid of Marion’s contract so he can make room this summer for Howard and Williams. Marion would jump right in with the Celtics he is a better defender then Ray and Paul can just move to the 2. Also if you pull off trades 1 and 2 your lineup will look like this. KG, Pierce, Marion, Millsap, Harris
Boston gets: Josh Smith, Zaza Pachulia
Atlanta gets: Paul Pierce, Chris Wilcox
Reason: If you are Atlanta and Josh Smith is unhappy as reports are saying you deal him and if you can get Pierce to play with Joe Johnson and Al Horford I would pull the trigger. If you are the Celtics and want to build around Rondo and get a guy like Smith(Close friends with Rondo) who can run the floor with him and also this summer have Smith and Rondo convince DH12 to come to Boston I would like this trade for Boston. Both teams make out in this deal.
Boston gets: Luol Deng, Taj Gibson
Chicago gets: Paul Pierce
Reason: I no its a stretch but if the Bulls want to compete in the seven game series they need to get a guy that has been to the finals twice in the past 5 years. Pierce is the missing piece for the Bulls and he would take a tone of pressure off Rose. While Gibson and Deng would provide depth for the Celtics moving forward. The only problem is will the Bulls make this deal because I think Danny does this in a heartbeat if it is presented to him.
Boston gets: Pau Gasol
Lakers get: Rajon Rondo, Jermaine O’Neal
Reason: If the Lakers want a point guard that has a reasonable contract they need to pull this deal off. I believe the Lakers want this the problem is will Danny pull the trigger on trading Rondo straight up for Gasol.
Latest posts by Chris Stevens (see all)
- Isaiah Thomas Narrowly Avoids Suspension - April 25, 2016
- Can The Celtics Make a Run In The Playoffs? - February 26, 2016
- Isaiah Thomas Key To Celtics Capturing Atlantic Division Title - February 26, 2016