- James Young Goes Off in Portland
- Marcus Smart Needs to Start
- It’s Time for Celtics to Part Ways with Tayshaun Prince
- Forbes: Celtics Valued at $1.7 Billion
- What’s Ainge Going To Do With All These Draft Picks?
- Wait, what, Nate Robinson is back?
- Farewell Uncle Jeff
- Austin Rivers Joins the Celts
- Jeff Green a Goner?
- Brandan Wright Headed to Phoenix
Welcome Back Sasha Pavlovic
- Updated: December 11, 2011
From Chris Forsberg at ESPNBoston.com:
The ninth-year swingman joined the Celtics in early March and stayed on the roster for the remainder of the season (though he did not appear in the playoffs). In 17 regular-season games, he scored 31 total points in 149 minutes of action (19 of which came in the finale against the New York Knicks when he connected on four 3-pointers).
Nothing too crazy here. Pavlovic just brings added depth to the wing positions behind Paul Pierce, Jeff Green and Marquis Daniels. He’s a defensive specialist and can knock down the occasional jump shot, so he’s a decent option if we were to be plagued with injuries (knock on wood!).
Let’s take a look at who we have as part of the team so far:
- Rajon Rondo
- Ray Allen
- Keyon Dooling
- E’Twaun Moore (unsigned)
- Gilbert Brown (camp invite)
- Paul Pierce
- Marquis Daniels
- Jeff Green
- Sasha Pavlovic
- Kevin Garnett
- Jermaine O’Neal
- Brandon Bass
- Chris Wilcox
- JaJuan Johnson (unsigned)
- Greg Stiemsma (camp invite)
Assuming that JaJuan Johnson and E’Twaun Moore end up on the roster while Gilbert Brown and Greg Stiemsma are axed before the season begins, there are still three roster spots available for this team. With those three spots, are there any preferable targets out there that the fans would like to see fill those voids?