- Isaiah Thomas Narrowly Avoids Suspension
- Can The Celtics Make a Run In The Playoffs?
- Isaiah Thomas Key To Celtics Capturing Atlantic Division Title
- Ainge and the Celtics Maintain “Status Quo” as Trade Deadline Passes
- Celtics Can’t Battle Back, Lose to Ginobli and Spurs 108-105
- Thomas Lead Celtics Drubbing of Cousins and Kings 114-97
- Amir Johnson, Avery Bradley Lead Celtics To Win Over Heat, 105-95
- Magic and Oladipo Stop Celtics 110-91
- Celtics Dominate Wizards, Led by Thomas, 111-78
- Celtics Eek Out Victory Versus Hapless Sixers, 84-80
David West to Boston Deal Dead
- Updated: December 10, 2011
December 11 – Deal is dead as reported by David Aldridge. David West now in talks to sign a two-year, $20 million deal with the Indiana Pacers.
Last update to this story: David West officially signs with the Indiana Pacers for two years worth $20 million. Pacers now in talks with the Memphis Grizzlies on a sign-and-trade sending Josh McRoberts to Memphis in return for OJ Mayo.
December 10 – Blogging from my phone during math grad class, so forgive me for not quoting sources. Yahoo! definitely has a link in the NBA section.
There are multiple sources reporting that the Boston Celtics are close to landing two-time all star David West from the New Orleans Hornets. He would sign a three-year deal worth between $27-$29 million, much less than his market value would be.
In order to acquire West, it would be a sign-and-trade deal where the Celtics would send Jermaine O’Neal and Sasha Pavlovic to the Hornets. The Hornets reportedly have a third team willing to acquire Jermaine O’Neal. Whether or not there are draft picks involved is not known.
West is coming off an ACL tear last season, but is apparently cleared to resume all basketball related activity. To acquire a player of West’s caliber for Jermaine O’Neal would be a huge get by Danny Ainge. On top of that, some experts are saying that this deal would foil the Lakers’ chance of acquiring Chris Paul due to salary cap restrictions.
Latest posts by Chris Stevens (see all)
- Isaiah Thomas Narrowly Avoids Suspension - April 25, 2016
- Can The Celtics Make a Run In The Playoffs? - February 26, 2016
- Isaiah Thomas Key To Celtics Capturing Atlantic Division Title - February 26, 2016