- Should The Celtics Trade Up In The 2015 Draft?
- Possible Celtics Playoff Matchups: Say No To Lebron
- Can The Celtics Make The Playoffs?
- Bringing The Pain in Maine: Red Claws Beasts Of The East
- The Needed Swede: The Rise of Jonas Jerebko
- Celtics Must Continue To Invest in James Young
- Celtics Deal for JaVale McGee Falls Apart
- Is James Young Already Overrated?
- Isaiah Thomas wins Player of the Week
- Does Jared Sullinger Have a Place on the Celtics?
Jeff Green Out For Season
- Updated: December 17, 2011
Jeff Green will miss the entire 2011-12 season after a heart ailment known as an aortic aneurysm was discovered on a routine medical exam.
The condition will require surgery but Celtics doctors say Green will be able to resume his career next season.
The surgical procedure will be performed on January 9.
ESPNBoston is reporting that Green’s one-year, $9 million contract is expected to be voided as a result of this health problem. Boston would retain his rights.
This is very sad news. I hope Jeff Green a full and speedy recovery. Hopefully you will be a member of this team next season.
Even worse is that I have already heard people talking about “The Trade” last season and how this makes it an even worse trade. To that I say get your priorities straight people! We are talking about a young man’s health and you’re worrying about badmouthing a basketball trade. There are appropriate times to ridicule players and their worth to a team, but now is not it.
Everyone keep Jeff Green in their thoughts and prayers. Get well soon, Jeff!