- Celtics Can’t Battle Back, Lose to Ginobli and Spurs 108-105
- Thomas Lead Celtics Drubbing of Cousins and Kings 114-97
- Amir Johnson, Avery Bradley Lead Celtics To Win Over Heat, 105-95
- Magic and Oladipo Stop Celtics 110-91
- Celtics Dominate Wizards, Led by Thomas, 111-78
- Celtics Eek Out Victory Versus Hapless Sixers, 84-80
- Celtics Split With Nets, Lose 110-101
- Bradley Leads Celtics to Drubbing of Nets, 120-95
- Mavericks Rally From 18 Down To Beat Celtics, 106-102
- Thomas leads Celtics to easy 111-95 win over Rockets
Jeff Green Out For Season
- Updated: December 17, 2011
Jeff Green will miss the entire 2011-12 season after a heart ailment known as an aortic aneurysm was discovered on a routine medical exam.
The condition will require surgery but Celtics doctors say Green will be able to resume his career next season.
The surgical procedure will be performed on January 9.
ESPNBoston is reporting that Green’s one-year, $9 million contract is expected to be voided as a result of this health problem. Boston would retain his rights.
This is very sad news. I hope Jeff Green a full and speedy recovery. Hopefully you will be a member of this team next season.
Even worse is that I have already heard people talking about “The Trade” last season and how this makes it an even worse trade. To that I say get your priorities straight people! We are talking about a young man’s health and you’re worrying about badmouthing a basketball trade. There are appropriate times to ridicule players and their worth to a team, but now is not it.
Everyone keep Jeff Green in their thoughts and prayers. Get well soon, Jeff!
Latest posts by Chris Stevens (see all)
- Celtics Preseason Notes: Rozier to Miss a Week - October 14, 2015
- Did Sullinger Eat His Way Out Of Celts Rotation? - October 13, 2015
- Five Thirty Eight Prediction: Celtics Playoff Bound - October 13, 2015