- Did Sullinger Eat His Way Out Of Celts Rotation?
- Five Thirty Eight Prediction: Celtics Playoff Bound
- NBA’s Best Draft Picks of All Time
- Putnam Gets Cozy With The Celtics
- Ciao Italy! The Celtics Have Arrived
- Dee Brown Hopes To Teach Basketball in Manila
- Lee Signing Encouraging for Celtics Fans
- Draft Day Recap–How Did The Celtics Do?
- A Look at Celtics Draft Options
- Source: Kings Won’t Trade Cousins for Draft Picks
Jeff Green Out For Season
- Updated: December 17, 2011
Jeff Green will miss the entire 2011-12 season after a heart ailment known as an aortic aneurysm was discovered on a routine medical exam.
The condition will require surgery but Celtics doctors say Green will be able to resume his career next season.
The surgical procedure will be performed on January 9.
ESPNBoston is reporting that Green’s one-year, $9 million contract is expected to be voided as a result of this health problem. Boston would retain his rights.
This is very sad news. I hope Jeff Green a full and speedy recovery. Hopefully you will be a member of this team next season.
Even worse is that I have already heard people talking about “The Trade” last season and how this makes it an even worse trade. To that I say get your priorities straight people! We are talking about a young man’s health and you’re worrying about badmouthing a basketball trade. There are appropriate times to ridicule players and their worth to a team, but now is not it.
Everyone keep Jeff Green in their thoughts and prayers. Get well soon, Jeff!
Latest posts by Chris Stevens (see all)
- Did Sullinger Eat His Way Out Of Celts Rotation? - October 13, 2015
- Five Thirty Eight Prediction: Celtics Playoff Bound - October 13, 2015
- NBA’s Best Draft Picks of All Time - October 10, 2015