- Celtics Can’t Battle Back, Lose to Ginobli and Spurs 108-105
- Thomas Lead Celtics Drubbing of Cousins and Kings 114-97
- Amir Johnson, Avery Bradley Lead Celtics To Win Over Heat, 105-95
- Magic and Oladipo Stop Celtics 110-91
- Celtics Dominate Wizards, Led by Thomas, 111-78
- Celtics Eek Out Victory Versus Hapless Sixers, 84-80
- Celtics Split With Nets, Lose 110-101
- Bradley Leads Celtics to Drubbing of Nets, 120-95
- Mavericks Rally From 18 Down To Beat Celtics, 106-102
- Thomas leads Celtics to easy 111-95 win over Rockets
Rondo & Perk Looking to Team Up
- Updated: November 18, 2011
From Adrian Wojnarowski:
Boston Celtics guard Rajon Rondo(notes) and Oklahoma City Thunder center Kendrick Perkins(notes), close friends, have been discussing the possibility of playing together overseas, and have had representatives inquiring on the possibilities, sources said.
Rondo and Perkins are interested in playing in higher-paying countries, such as Italy, Spain and Russia, sources said. There’s no deal in the works, and it’s unclear if there’s even a team that could financially put together the kind of contracts it would take to lure the players.
Insurance premiums cut significantly into the money that teams are willing to pay frontline NBA starters, and in some instances, the difference left in pay won’t make the leap overseas worth making for some players.
We all had a good idea about Rondo not being happy with the big trade in the middle of last season but I think this solidifies it. These two are real tight and must have hated being separated, especially when many of the veterans believed that it wast the wrong move to make.
Will these two ever play together again in the NBA? I don’t think you’ll ever see Kendrick Perkins in a Celtic uniform again, unfortunately. Could we see Rondo in a Thunder uniform?
Question: would you trade Rajon Rondo to the Oklahoma City Thunder for Russell Westbrook?
Latest posts by Chris Stevens (see all)
- Celtics Preseason Notes: Rozier to Miss a Week - October 14, 2015
- Did Sullinger Eat His Way Out Of Celts Rotation? - October 13, 2015
- Five Thirty Eight Prediction: Celtics Playoff Bound - October 13, 2015