- Draft Day Recap–How Did The Celtics Do?
- A Look at Celtics Draft Options
- Source: Kings Won’t Trade Cousins for Draft Picks
- Should The Celtics Trade Up In The 2015 Draft?
- Bringing The Pain in Maine: Red Claws Beasts Of The East
- The Needed Swede: The Rise of Jonas Jerebko
- Celtics Must Continue To Invest in James Young
- Celtics Deal for JaVale McGee Falls Apart
- Is James Young Already Overrated?
- Isaiah Thomas wins Player of the Week
Rondo & Perk Looking to Team Up
- Updated: November 18, 2011
From Adrian Wojnarowski:
Boston Celtics guard Rajon Rondo(notes) and Oklahoma City Thunder center Kendrick Perkins(notes), close friends, have been discussing the possibility of playing together overseas, and have had representatives inquiring on the possibilities, sources said.
Rondo and Perkins are interested in playing in higher-paying countries, such as Italy, Spain and Russia, sources said. There’s no deal in the works, and it’s unclear if there’s even a team that could financially put together the kind of contracts it would take to lure the players.
Insurance premiums cut significantly into the money that teams are willing to pay frontline NBA starters, and in some instances, the difference left in pay won’t make the leap overseas worth making for some players.
We all had a good idea about Rondo not being happy with the big trade in the middle of last season but I think this solidifies it. These two are real tight and must have hated being separated, especially when many of the veterans believed that it wast the wrong move to make.
Will these two ever play together again in the NBA? I don’t think you’ll ever see Kendrick Perkins in a Celtic uniform again, unfortunately. Could we see Rondo in a Thunder uniform?
Question: would you trade Rajon Rondo to the Oklahoma City Thunder for Russell Westbrook?