- Isaiah Thomas Narrowly Avoids Suspension
- Can The Celtics Make a Run In The Playoffs?
- Isaiah Thomas Key To Celtics Capturing Atlantic Division Title
- Ainge and the Celtics Maintain “Status Quo” as Trade Deadline Passes
- Celtics Can’t Battle Back, Lose to Ginobli and Spurs 108-105
- Thomas Lead Celtics Drubbing of Cousins and Kings 114-97
- Amir Johnson, Avery Bradley Lead Celtics To Win Over Heat, 105-95
- Magic and Oladipo Stop Celtics 110-91
- Celtics Dominate Wizards, Led by Thomas, 111-78
- Celtics Eek Out Victory Versus Hapless Sixers, 84-80
Avery Bradley Close to Signing in Israel
- Updated: October 3, 2011
From Marc J. Spears (@SpearsNBAYahoo) and Adrian Wojnarowski (@WojYahooNBA):
A formal agreement could be reached as soon as this week that would allow Bradley to return to the NBA if the league-imposed lockout ends during Hapoel’s season.
The article goes on to say that Bradley wasn’t the first choice of NBA point guards they attempted to sign. Another NBA rookie, Greivis Vasquez, was in talks with Hapoel until the deal fell through. Vasquez probably would have helped Hapoel more in this upcoming season, but Celtic fans hope that this valuable experience will aid the development process of Avery Bradley’s game.
We all know that Bradley is a legit NBA defender, but his offensive game is far behind his defense. He’s got the size of a point guard, but doesn’t have command of an NBA offense. Heck, he didn’t command a college offense in his one season at Texas. To make up for it, he’s got incredible speed and athleticism which helps him penetrate the lane and finish.
Besides learning the position of point guard, he needs to develop a consistent jump shot (sound familiar?). As long as Rajon Rondo is on the roster, Avery Bradley will never be the starting point guard. I don’t see the two playing many minutes together, either, so Bradley needs to develop into a reliable backup and allow Rondo to rest about eight or ten minutes a night to keep him fresh.
If there is a player on the Celtics’ roster that needs to be playing meaningful basketball during this lockout, it is Avery Bradley. Let’s hope that this works out for all parties involved.
Latest posts by Khai Pham (see all)
- Isaiah Thomas Narrowly Avoids Suspension - April 25, 2016
- Can The Celtics Make a Run In The Playoffs? - February 26, 2016
- Isaiah Thomas Key To Celtics Capturing Atlantic Division Title - February 26, 2016