- Putnam Gets Cozy With The Celtics
- Ciao Italy! The Celtics Have Arrived
- Dee Brown Hopes To Teach Basketball in Manila
- Lee Signing Encouraging for Celtics Fans
- Draft Day Recap–How Did The Celtics Do?
- A Look at Celtics Draft Options
- Source: Kings Won’t Trade Cousins for Draft Picks
- Should The Celtics Trade Up In The 2015 Draft?
- Bringing The Pain in Maine: Red Claws Beasts Of The East
- The Needed Swede: The Rise of Jonas Jerebko
- Updated: June 23, 2011
After reading the most recent Bill Simmons column on his new site Grantland, I was newly acquainted with the NBA Trade Machine. I tried a few combinations including Ray Allen to the Bulls for Kyle Korver and Kevin Garnett along with Avery Bradley to the Magic for Dwight Howard.
This one seemed to make the most sense and didn’t have me folded over wanting to hurl at the thought of it:
I know what you’re thinking. Brandon Bass and J.J. Redick? Or maybe you aren’t. All I know is that I watch every Boston Celtics game and at least half of the Orlando Magic games—I live ten minutes away from the Amway Center. Bass and Redick are 26-years-old and great at playing their roles. With Rajon Rondo, Paul Pierce and Dwight Howard, every other piece needs to be complementary and effective. Redick is not as efficient as Ray, but I have seen him shoot lights out from three-point range. Ray’s 3-point FG% for his career is .399. That’s incredible considering how long he’s been in the league. J.J. is at .394 from beyond the arc coming off the bench. Maybe he will benefit from a full-time starting gig. I still question his defensive capabilities.
Brandon Bass is Big Baby 2.0. Literally. Both from Baton Rouge, LA and both went to LSU. Bass is much more athletic than Davis, however. He’s no Kevin Garnett, no one ever will be, not even himself. Does this mean I think we are better off without KG? No. I think we are better, a force with Dwight and Rondo as a young, athletic nuisance and Paul being the scorer and closer he is known to be.
Even with this there are still far too many holes. I just thought it was fun to entertain. Post whatever you all come up with and remember the Draft is TONIGHT.
Latest posts by Chris Stevens (see all)
- Celtics Open Up Preseason With Convincing 124-91 Over Milano - October 8, 2015
- Putnam Gets Cozy With The Celtics - October 6, 2015
- Ciao Italy! The Celtics Have Arrived - October 6, 2015