- Isaiah Thomas Narrowly Avoids Suspension
- Can The Celtics Make a Run In The Playoffs?
- Isaiah Thomas Key To Celtics Capturing Atlantic Division Title
- Ainge and the Celtics Maintain “Status Quo” as Trade Deadline Passes
- Celtics Can’t Battle Back, Lose to Ginobli and Spurs 108-105
- Thomas Lead Celtics Drubbing of Cousins and Kings 114-97
- Amir Johnson, Avery Bradley Lead Celtics To Win Over Heat, 105-95
- Magic and Oladipo Stop Celtics 110-91
- Celtics Dominate Wizards, Led by Thomas, 111-78
- Celtics Eek Out Victory Versus Hapless Sixers, 84-80
At 39, Shaq Retires
- Updated: June 1, 2011
After a hall of fame career and 4 rings to his credit, the Big Shamrock is calling it a career. Honestly, is there anyone out there not named Kobe Bryant who doesn’t love Shaq?
It was painfully obvious this past season that O’Neal just didn’t have anything left in the tank. When he was on the floor, the Celtics were at their best. But as we learned the hard way, there’s only so much trust you can put in a 39 year old player with so many miles on his legs. Do the Celtics beat the Heat if Shaq is healthy and playing 20 mintues a night? I don’t think so. As we’re seeing now, LeBron and Wade together are just too much for even the best teams out there.
I personally thank you, Shaquille O’Neal, for everything you brought to the NBA. You are an all time legend, an all time comedian, and a good guy. Good luck in wherever life brings you; I hope it’s as an analyst.
Oh yeah, and who could forget this?
Follow me on Twitter @JrMarkyMark
Latest posts by Chris Stevens (see all)
- Isaiah Thomas Narrowly Avoids Suspension - April 25, 2016
- Can The Celtics Make a Run In The Playoffs? - February 26, 2016
- Isaiah Thomas Key To Celtics Capturing Atlantic Division Title - February 26, 2016