- Draft Day Recap–How Did The Celtics Do?
- A Look at Celtics Draft Options
- Source: Kings Won’t Trade Cousins for Draft Picks
- Should The Celtics Trade Up In The 2015 Draft?
- Bringing The Pain in Maine: Red Claws Beasts Of The East
- The Needed Swede: The Rise of Jonas Jerebko
- Celtics Must Continue To Invest in James Young
- Celtics Deal for JaVale McGee Falls Apart
- Is James Young Already Overrated?
- Isaiah Thomas wins Player of the Week
At 39, Shaq Retires
- Updated: June 1, 2011
After a hall of fame career and 4 rings to his credit, the Big Shamrock is calling it a career. Honestly, is there anyone out there not named Kobe Bryant who doesn’t love Shaq?
It was painfully obvious this past season that O’Neal just didn’t have anything left in the tank. When he was on the floor, the Celtics were at their best. But as we learned the hard way, there’s only so much trust you can put in a 39 year old player with so many miles on his legs. Do the Celtics beat the Heat if Shaq is healthy and playing 20 mintues a night? I don’t think so. As we’re seeing now, LeBron and Wade together are just too much for even the best teams out there.
I personally thank you, Shaquille O’Neal, for everything you brought to the NBA. You are an all time legend, an all time comedian, and a good guy. Good luck in wherever life brings you; I hope it’s as an analyst.
Oh yeah, and who could forget this?
Follow me on Twitter @JrMarkyMark