- Isaiah Thomas Narrowly Avoids Suspension
- Can The Celtics Make a Run In The Playoffs?
- Isaiah Thomas Key To Celtics Capturing Atlantic Division Title
- Ainge and the Celtics Maintain “Status Quo” as Trade Deadline Passes
- Celtics Can’t Battle Back, Lose to Ginobli and Spurs 108-105
- Thomas Lead Celtics Drubbing of Cousins and Kings 114-97
- Amir Johnson, Avery Bradley Lead Celtics To Win Over Heat, 105-95
- Magic and Oladipo Stop Celtics 110-91
- Celtics Dominate Wizards, Led by Thomas, 111-78
- Celtics Eek Out Victory Versus Hapless Sixers, 84-80
Early Look: Roster Decisions
- Updated: May 14, 2011
I know we are only 3 days removed from the game 5 loss to the Heat and the off-season has begun, but here at Celtics247.com we have no off-season. Regardless of what is going on with the NBA lockout, Danny Ainge has a huge summer ahead of him. His first order of business has a check mark next to it with the re-signing of Doc Rivers to a 5 year deal. Now it’s on to the players and how the roster looks going into the summer.
NBA Draft- 1 First Rd Pick, 1 Second Rd Pick
Under Contract Next Year: Kevin Garnett, Paul Pierce, Rajon Rondo, Avery Bradley, Jermaine O’Neal.
Restricted Free Agent: Jeff Green- Green is not going anywhere and Danny will lock him up for 3 years.
Player Options: Ray Allen- Will 99.9% chance he will pick up his option.
Shaquille O’Neal- Almost certain he is headed to retirement but with Shaq it’s always a mystery.
Unrestricted Free Agents: Carlos Arroyo, Troy Murphy, Sasha Pavlovic- Will not be back next season
Big Baby Davis- Not even going to call him by his first name because, well he still is a baby, and has played his last game as a Celtic. Davis has been pretty vocal about testing the free agent market and the way he performed this playoff run it seemed as if he doesn’t want to be here and we don’t want him. Next Season- A Pro Wrestler… JK Gone
Nenad Krstic- I can see Danny offering Nenad a 1 year Vet level deal, but a more realistic option may be Krstic going back over seas while getting more money and a lot more playing time. Next Season- Gone
Von Wafer- The Celtics really like Von and when he played during the season he contributed on the offensive end. He was not a reliable defender and if he came back I see him once again just sitting on the bench. Next Season-Gone
Delonte West- An unrestricted free agent that I absolutely see coming back if the price is right. Delonte basically came back this year on a tryout basis and worked himself into a big contributor role off the bench. With Doc sticking around and if West can stay out of trouble this off season he will be back next year. Next Season- Back
My Roster Before free agency: Rondo, Pierce, Ray, KG, Jermaine O’Neal
Bench: Jeff Green, Delonte West, Avery Bradley, 1st Rd Pk, 2nd Rd Pk
Danny has work to do!
Latest posts by Chris Stevens (see all)
- Isaiah Thomas Narrowly Avoids Suspension - April 25, 2016
- Can The Celtics Make a Run In The Playoffs? - February 26, 2016
- Isaiah Thomas Key To Celtics Capturing Atlantic Division Title - February 26, 2016