- Should The Celtics Trade Up In The 2015 Draft?
- Possible Celtics Playoff Matchups: Say No To Lebron
- Can The Celtics Make The Playoffs?
- Bringing The Pain in Maine: Red Claws Beasts Of The East
- The Needed Swede: The Rise of Jonas Jerebko
- Celtics Must Continue To Invest in James Young
- Celtics Deal for JaVale McGee Falls Apart
- Is James Young Already Overrated?
- Isaiah Thomas wins Player of the Week
- Does Jared Sullinger Have a Place on the Celtics?
Worst Play of the Year?
- Updated: April 12, 2011
Last night, in a game that didn’t have much meaning as Eastern Conference Playoff Seeds were mostly locked up, Celtics reserve guard Von Wafer pulled off one of the worst plays I can remember seeing in recent NBA history. It got me thinking about the three worst Celtics plays I can recall this year. Below are videos of the three plays I remember for this year that were particularly pathetic. Check them out and let us know which one you think was the worst.
Here is Von Wafer missing a dunk, preening to the crowd as if he made the dunk, then running into his team-mate, thus forcing a turnover:
Second, we bring you Shaq, who pulls up with a calf injury ten minutes into his return from a three-month absence. This is the guy we are counting on to start at center for four grueling rounds of the playoffs?
Where Wafer’s play was just utterly pathetic, and Shaq’s play kinda scary for Celtics fans counting on him to help the team to a deep playoff run, the following play is just funny. Big Baby Glen Davis getting rejected by the rim in a dunk attempt versus the Miami Heat earler this season (watch Rondo w/ a towell over his head just laughin at Baby):
What do you think was the worst play? Did we miss any?