- Stevens Consolidating Celtics Rotation
- Kevin Garnett Back Where He Belongs
- Celtics 24/7 Garden Report — Jonas Jerebko On Knicks 20 Point Game
- Isaiah Thomas Off To Strong Start in Boston
- Five Things to Know About New Celtics Guard Isaiah Thomas
- Ainge Lands Isaiah Thomas at Trade Deadline
- Goran Dragic Rumors–Do Celtics Have a Shot?
- Could a Boston Deal for Demarcus Cousins be a Reality?
- Celtics Trade Rumor Roundup
- The Best Celtics Rookie Cards of All Time
Worst Play of the Year?
- Updated: April 12, 2011
Last night, in a game that didn’t have much meaning as Eastern Conference Playoff Seeds were mostly locked up, Celtics reserve guard Von Wafer pulled off one of the worst plays I can remember seeing in recent NBA history. It got me thinking about the three worst Celtics plays I can recall this year. Below are videos of the three plays I remember for this year that were particularly pathetic. Check them out and let us know which one you think was the worst.
Here is Von Wafer missing a dunk, preening to the crowd as if he made the dunk, then running into his team-mate, thus forcing a turnover:
Second, we bring you Shaq, who pulls up with a calf injury ten minutes into his return from a three-month absence. This is the guy we are counting on to start at center for four grueling rounds of the playoffs?
Where Wafer’s play was just utterly pathetic, and Shaq’s play kinda scary for Celtics fans counting on him to help the team to a deep playoff run, the following play is just funny. Big Baby Glen Davis getting rejected by the rim in a dunk attempt versus the Miami Heat earler this season (watch Rondo w/ a towell over his head just laughin at Baby):
What do you think was the worst play? Did we miss any?