- Celtics Split With Nets, Lose 110-101
- Bradley Leads Celtics to Drubbing of Nets, 120-95
- Mavericks Rally From 18 Down To Beat Celtics, 106-102
- Thomas leads Celtics to easy 111-95 win over Rockets
- Smart, Thomas Lead Celtics to Victory Over Thunder
- Isaiah Thomas, Celtics Hold off Hawks 106-93
- Recap: Pacers 102, Celtics 91
- Recap: Celtics 99, Bucks 83
- Sullinger Leads Way as Celtics Trounce Wizards 118-98
- Paul George Dominates as Pacers Eek Out Win vs Celtics, 100-98
Worst Play of the Year?
- Updated: April 12, 2011
Last night, in a game that didn’t have much meaning as Eastern Conference Playoff Seeds were mostly locked up, Celtics reserve guard Von Wafer pulled off one of the worst plays I can remember seeing in recent NBA history. It got me thinking about the three worst Celtics plays I can recall this year. Below are videos of the three plays I remember for this year that were particularly pathetic. Check them out and let us know which one you think was the worst.
Here is Von Wafer missing a dunk, preening to the crowd as if he made the dunk, then running into his team-mate, thus forcing a turnover:
Second, we bring you Shaq, who pulls up with a calf injury ten minutes into his return from a three-month absence. This is the guy we are counting on to start at center for four grueling rounds of the playoffs?
Where Wafer’s play was just utterly pathetic, and Shaq’s play kinda scary for Celtics fans counting on him to help the team to a deep playoff run, the following play is just funny. Big Baby Glen Davis getting rejected by the rim in a dunk attempt versus the Miami Heat earler this season (watch Rondo w/ a towell over his head just laughin at Baby):
What do you think was the worst play? Did we miss any?
Latest posts by Chris Stevens (see all)
- Celtics Preseason Notes: Rozier to Miss a Week - October 14, 2015
- Did Sullinger Eat His Way Out Of Celts Rotation? - October 13, 2015
- Five Thirty Eight Prediction: Celtics Playoff Bound - October 13, 2015