- Isaiah Thomas Narrowly Avoids Suspension
- Can The Celtics Make a Run In The Playoffs?
- Isaiah Thomas Key To Celtics Capturing Atlantic Division Title
- Ainge and the Celtics Maintain “Status Quo” as Trade Deadline Passes
- Celtics Can’t Battle Back, Lose to Ginobli and Spurs 108-105
- Thomas Lead Celtics Drubbing of Cousins and Kings 114-97
- Amir Johnson, Avery Bradley Lead Celtics To Win Over Heat, 105-95
- Magic and Oladipo Stop Celtics 110-91
- Celtics Dominate Wizards, Led by Thomas, 111-78
- Celtics Eek Out Victory Versus Hapless Sixers, 84-80
Round 1: Celtics Draw Knicks
- Updated: April 13, 2011
I know there is one more game left tonight but it means absolutely nothing. The only thing it means is that the Celtics are playing the team they will face in the first round of the NBA playoffs most likely Sunday night at the TD Garden, the New York Knicks. Now if you ask me I would rather play the 76ers then the Knicks as Carmelo Anthony and Amare Stoudamire scare me right off the bat. The way the Celtics are going to win this series is that they can’t let the other guys beat them. Let Melo and Amare get there points and rebounds but they have to hold Billups, Fields, Turiaf and Douglas in check.
Down low is going to be a problem for the Celtics so they will have to play to the key match up in this series that will favor the C’s. Its the guard play as Ray Allen and Rajon Rondo have the chance to have a field day against any of the guards the Knicks throw out there. We all know the Knicks can not play any defense and if Boston plays there game which is good D and ball movement that starts with Rondo, this series should not be a problem.
The way the Celtics will get in trouble is if they play down to the Knicks level which is play half-ass defense and coming down on offense with 18 seconds left on the shot clock and launch a three pointer. The Celts need to play their game and take it to the Knicks from the opening tip of game 1, hopefully ending up 2-0 going into MSG for game 3. If they can do this it’s on to round number two and a match up with the Miami Heat. If they let the Knicks stick around this could be a grueling 6 or 7 game series where anything can happen.
Doc Rivers and his coaching staff need to realize you will only go as far as the big 4 will take you. He needs to put the pressure on those key guys. The bench will need to come in and play a roll even though it’s still somewhat hard to tell who is playing what roll in the Celtics rotation. We will see when the ball tips Sunday night what this team has in them and if another championship run this spring is in the works.
Prediction on series: Celtics in 5
Latest posts by Khai Pham (see all)
- Isaiah Thomas Narrowly Avoids Suspension - April 25, 2016
- Can The Celtics Make a Run In The Playoffs? - February 26, 2016
- Isaiah Thomas Key To Celtics Capturing Atlantic Division Title - February 26, 2016