- Lee Signing Encouraging for Celtics Fans
- Draft Day Recap–How Did The Celtics Do?
- A Look at Celtics Draft Options
- Source: Kings Won’t Trade Cousins for Draft Picks
- Should The Celtics Trade Up In The 2015 Draft?
- Bringing The Pain in Maine: Red Claws Beasts Of The East
- The Needed Swede: The Rise of Jonas Jerebko
- Celtics Must Continue To Invest in James Young
- Celtics Deal for JaVale McGee Falls Apart
- Is James Young Already Overrated?
What Is Going On Here?
- Updated: March 28, 2011
The headline says it all. What in the world is going on with the Celtics? Many people have had there own opinion over the past few weeks. The consensus answer is that they are doing what they did last year and that is coasting into the playoffs, they will turn it up once game 1 of the Eastern Conference playoffs start and everything will be fine. My response to those people are this is not last year. The Big 3 does not look right if you haven’t noticed it doesn’t feel like it did last year. We did not have many questions headed into the playoffs like we do this year. Rondo did not hit a wall last year with injuries and fatigue, we did not have such a big roster turnover like we did this year. With ten games to go the Celtics this year have not played with a full team and that has to be a huge concern. I am extremely worried for the first time since the new big 3 have been put together. We talk about the Knicks new players needing time to play together to be a title contender but what about us? I no it all starts with the Big 4 now but what if those guys need a lift who do we turn to who can be that spark? Do we look to Shaq, who hasn’t played the second half of the season? What about Jeff Green, who lets face it that is a lot of pressure to put on a guy who was brought here to fill a roll and not be the quote on quote the man to help us get back to the finals. Do we look to Big Baby again who has made some big shots in his time with the Celtics but he is a guy who you cant trust game to game. James Posey, Eddie House, and PJ Brown fit that bill perfectly back in 2008 but as Rick Patino said “They are Not Walking threw that Door”.