- Celtics Split With Nets, Lose 110-101
- Bradley Leads Celtics to Drubbing of Nets, 120-95
- Mavericks Rally From 18 Down To Beat Celtics, 106-102
- Thomas leads Celtics to easy 111-95 win over Rockets
- Smart, Thomas Lead Celtics to Victory Over Thunder
- Isaiah Thomas, Celtics Hold off Hawks 106-93
- Recap: Pacers 102, Celtics 91
- Recap: Celtics 99, Bucks 83
- Sullinger Leads Way as Celtics Trounce Wizards 118-98
- Paul George Dominates as Pacers Eek Out Win vs Celtics, 100-98
Quick Trade Deadline Thoughts
- Updated: February 24, 2011
The Celtics have one need: a back-up wing player. Pierce has already played every game and far too many minutes. He’s going to be trash come playoff time if he keeps it up. But he needs to play lots of minutes for them to be effective. So its a bit of a tough spot.
Their problem is they don’t have too many pieces to trade. Basically, its Nate (who nobody wants cuz he hasn’t played all that well and he has a two-year contract), Semih Erdin (who has been surprisingly decent and gives some good depth-especially w/ Perk and Shaq hurt), Jermaine O’Neal (hurt and ineffective when healthy) and Avery Bradley (whoever he is).
So if they can pull off a trade it would be quite a coup. After the deadline, they can see what guys get bought out and try to bring them in (i.e. PJ Brown, Marbury, of previous years) Troy Murphy is rumored to be getting bought out.
So, while they are in good shape, they could still use some help and I’m not sure they’re going to get it, at least today.
If it does happen today, however, you’ll hear about it on twitter from our boy John Collins. Follow him on twitter at @Collins019 for his live coverage of the NBA Trade Deadline starting at noon today. And y’all already know you can follow @Celtics_247 on twitter during most every game night (though these West Coast games are tough!) for up-to-minute game updates and other fun banter.
Latest posts by Chris Stevens (see all)
- Celtics Preseason Notes: Rozier to Miss a Week - October 14, 2015
- Did Sullinger Eat His Way Out Of Celts Rotation? - October 13, 2015
- Five Thirty Eight Prediction: Celtics Playoff Bound - October 13, 2015