- Isaiah Thomas Narrowly Avoids Suspension
- Can The Celtics Make a Run In The Playoffs?
- Isaiah Thomas Key To Celtics Capturing Atlantic Division Title
- Ainge and the Celtics Maintain “Status Quo” as Trade Deadline Passes
- Celtics Can’t Battle Back, Lose to Ginobli and Spurs 108-105
- Thomas Lead Celtics Drubbing of Cousins and Kings 114-97
- Amir Johnson, Avery Bradley Lead Celtics To Win Over Heat, 105-95
- Magic and Oladipo Stop Celtics 110-91
- Celtics Dominate Wizards, Led by Thomas, 111-78
- Celtics Eek Out Victory Versus Hapless Sixers, 84-80
Quick Trade Deadline Thoughts
- Updated: February 24, 2011
The Celtics have one need: a back-up wing player. Pierce has already played every game and far too many minutes. He’s going to be trash come playoff time if he keeps it up. But he needs to play lots of minutes for them to be effective. So its a bit of a tough spot.
Their problem is they don’t have too many pieces to trade. Basically, its Nate (who nobody wants cuz he hasn’t played all that well and he has a two-year contract), Semih Erdin (who has been surprisingly decent and gives some good depth-especially w/ Perk and Shaq hurt), Jermaine O’Neal (hurt and ineffective when healthy) and Avery Bradley (whoever he is).
So if they can pull off a trade it would be quite a coup. After the deadline, they can see what guys get bought out and try to bring them in (i.e. PJ Brown, Marbury, of previous years) Troy Murphy is rumored to be getting bought out.
So, while they are in good shape, they could still use some help and I’m not sure they’re going to get it, at least today.
If it does happen today, however, you’ll hear about it on twitter from our boy John Collins. Follow him on twitter at @Collins019 for his live coverage of the NBA Trade Deadline starting at noon today. And y’all already know you can follow @Celtics_247 on twitter during most every game night (though these West Coast games are tough!) for up-to-minute game updates and other fun banter.
Latest posts by Khai Pham (see all)
- Isaiah Thomas Narrowly Avoids Suspension - April 25, 2016
- Can The Celtics Make a Run In The Playoffs? - February 26, 2016
- Isaiah Thomas Key To Celtics Capturing Atlantic Division Title - February 26, 2016