- Celtics Can’t Battle Back, Lose to Ginobli and Spurs 108-105
- Thomas Lead Celtics Drubbing of Cousins and Kings 114-97
- Amir Johnson, Avery Bradley Lead Celtics To Win Over Heat, 105-95
- Magic and Oladipo Stop Celtics 110-91
- Celtics Dominate Wizards, Led by Thomas, 111-78
- Celtics Eek Out Victory Versus Hapless Sixers, 84-80
- Celtics Split With Nets, Lose 110-101
- Bradley Leads Celtics to Drubbing of Nets, 120-95
- Mavericks Rally From 18 Down To Beat Celtics, 106-102
- Thomas leads Celtics to easy 111-95 win over Rockets
DeShawn Sims To Compete in Shooting Stars
- Updated: February 16, 2011
The Maine Red Claws today announced that forward DeShawn Sims will take part in the NBA Development League Haier Shooting Stars Competition during the NBA Development League Dream Factory Friday Night presented by Haier on February 18 at 11 PM (ET) at Center Court at NBA All-Star Jam Session presented by adidas at the Los Angeles Convention Center. The Shooting Stars Competition, along with the Slam Dunk and Three-Point Shooting Contests, will stream live on NBA Futurecast at nba.com/futurecast.
The NBA D-League Haier Shooting Stars makes it second appearance at NBA D-League Dream Factory Friday Night presented by Haier and features 12 NBA Development League stars competing in four teams of three in a two-round timed shooting event. The Haier Shooting Stars contest features six numbered shooting locations of increasing difficulty, with each team attempting to make all shots in numeric order in the fastest time. Each team will select a specific player rotation to follow throughout the competition. Each shot must be made before the next player begins shooting in succession. Teams have up to two minutes to complete the entire shooting course and the team that completes all six shots in the least amount of time is declared the winner. In the case of a tie, a shoot-off will be used to determine the winner.
The NBA D-League All-Star Game, presented by SonoSite, will take place on Saturday, February 19 on Center Court at the NBA All-Star Jam Session presented by adidas. The game will air live on NBA TV at 4 PM (ET).
MAINE RED CLAWS: 2009-10 marked the inaugural season for the Maine Red Claws, the minor league affiliate of the Boston Celtics and Charlotte Bobcats. The NBA D-League team plays its home games at the Portland Expo Building. The franchise is owned and operated by Maine Basketball, LLC, which is principally owned by Bill Ryan Sr., the retired chairman of TD Bank, and Bill Ryan Jr., owner and operator of Oxford Plains Speedway. Jon Jennings, a partner in Maine Basketball, LLC and former Boston Celtics assistant coach, serves as the team’s president and general manager.
Latest posts by Chris Stevens (see all)
- Celtics Preseason Notes: Rozier to Miss a Week - October 14, 2015
- Did Sullinger Eat His Way Out Of Celts Rotation? - October 13, 2015
- Five Thirty Eight Prediction: Celtics Playoff Bound - October 13, 2015