- Isaiah Thomas Narrowly Avoids Suspension
- Can The Celtics Make a Run In The Playoffs?
- Isaiah Thomas Key To Celtics Capturing Atlantic Division Title
- Ainge and the Celtics Maintain “Status Quo” as Trade Deadline Passes
- Celtics Can’t Battle Back, Lose to Ginobli and Spurs 108-105
- Thomas Lead Celtics Drubbing of Cousins and Kings 114-97
- Amir Johnson, Avery Bradley Lead Celtics To Win Over Heat, 105-95
- Magic and Oladipo Stop Celtics 110-91
- Celtics Dominate Wizards, Led by Thomas, 111-78
- Celtics Eek Out Victory Versus Hapless Sixers, 84-80
Celtics Trade Day Recap
- Updated: February 24, 2011
Trade # 1 Boston-Oklahoma City Thunder
Boston Gets- F Jeff Green, Nenad Krstic
Oklahoma City gets- C Kendrick Perkins, Nate Robinson
This was an absolute shock to me when I heard this trade was going down. I had a feeling Nate was going to be dealt but Perk this came out of no where like Deron Williams to the Nets yesterday. Perk was the perfect Celtic especially with the big four as he knew his role every time he was on the court. This will be a big loss for when we play the Heat and hopefully the Lakers. He was our answer to Dwight Howard now he is gone. We have no advantage over the Heat as they had no center and Perk was what we needed inside to play the Lakers. Nate did not do it for me I was against the extension we gave him this off season and he just didn’t seem to be what we thought he was going to be that consistent back up PG we have been looking for. Now Jeff Green is a in between player as he is a four but plays like a 3. So he will be a good player off the bench as he is a better scorer then Marquis was also is more athletic and a pretty good defender. Green was originally drafted by the Celtics before he was traded for Ray Allen. Nenad is a 7 footer that can shoot the ball but like any other Euro that is pretty much it. He does not rebound the ball well or play any defense.
Trade # 2 Boston-Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland gets- C Semih Erden, F Luke Harangody
Boston gets- 2011 2nd Rd pk, 2013 first Rd pk(lottery protected until 2016) from Cavs via Clippers
Now Letting both these guys go was not a shock to me. If this was the only deal Danny made today I would have been happy as it gets rid of two guys that really had no present and future with the team. All they brought to the club was depth and if Shaq and JO or a guy like Troy Murphy(if they sign him) are healthy they will get most of the playing time. Danny gets a low 2nd round pick this year because the Cavs are going to end up with one of the worst records in the league. We know how Danny gets steals in the 2nd round(Gomes, Davis, Leon) so this was a smart deal for the future. We may never see this first round pick unless the Clippers make the playoffs before the year 2016. Hey its worth a shot as Ainge got as much as he could from Cleveland.
Trade # 3 Boston-Sacramento
Sacramento gets- F Marquis Daniels
Boston gets- Cash
This deal was made just because well if seems like Marquis is not going to play the rest of the season with a spin injury and the Celtics can use some Cash as they are over the luxury tax. Marquis was expendable once Jeff Green was traded for.
Overall Grade on Deadline day for the Celtics- C
Latest posts by Chris Stevens (see all)
- Isaiah Thomas Narrowly Avoids Suspension - April 25, 2016
- Can The Celtics Make a Run In The Playoffs? - February 26, 2016
- Isaiah Thomas Key To Celtics Capturing Atlantic Division Title - February 26, 2016