- Putnam Gets Cozy With The Celtics
- Ciao Italy! The Celtics Have Arrived
- Dee Brown Hopes To Teach Basketball in Manila
- Lee Signing Encouraging for Celtics Fans
- Draft Day Recap–How Did The Celtics Do?
- A Look at Celtics Draft Options
- Source: Kings Won’t Trade Cousins for Draft Picks
- Should The Celtics Trade Up In The 2015 Draft?
- Bringing The Pain in Maine: Red Claws Beasts Of The East
- The Needed Swede: The Rise of Jonas Jerebko
Red Claws Acquire Antonio Anderson for Matt Janning
- Updated: January 20, 2011
The Maine Red Claws, presented by Quirk Chevrolet, today announced that they have acquired shooting guard Antonio Anderson from the Rio Grande Valley Vipers in exchange for guard Matt Janning.
A 6-6, 215 lb. shooting guard out of Memphis, Anderson is known as versatile performer and a top defensive player. After participating in the Charlotte Bobcats 2009 training camp, Anderson, 25, entered the NBA Development League Draft where he was selected in the first round by Rio Grande Valley, leading the Vipers to the league championship last season and earning a spot on the Western Conference All-Star Team. He also earned two NBA GATORADE call-ups during his rookie season by Oklahoma City, appearing in one game for the Thunder. After a successful rookie season, in which he averaged 16.5 ppg, 4.4 rpg and 1.3 spg in 48 games, the Lynn, MA native was invited to the Houston Rockets 2010 training camp before rejoining the Vipers this season. In 17 games with Rio Grande Valley, he has averaged 7.7 ppg and 1.8 rpg with 5 blocked shots and eight steals.
“Antonio Anderson is a versatile player who plays the game at a high level on both ends of the court and led his team to last year’s D-League Championship,” said Red Claws President and General Manager Jon Jennings. “Antonio is a player we were very interested in last year and are thrilled to be able to add him to our roster.”
The Red Claws will travel to Frisco, TX for their first-ever meeting with the expansion Texas Legend this Friday before completing the two-game set on Monday. Red Claws can tune into that game on WJJB 96.3 FM “The Big Jab” or watch live online through the Futurecast link on the Red Claws or NBA D-League websites.
JANUARY 28 HOME GAME TO START AT 7 PM: The Red Claws will return to Maine to take on Eastern Conference nemesis Erie on Friday, January 28. The game, originally slated to begin at 8 PM, has been moved to 7 PM. Great seats remain for the game and may be purchased by calling 207-210-6655, stopping by the Red Claws offices located at 413 Congress Street in Portland, or online at www.MaineRedClaws.com.
Latest posts by Chris Stevens (see all)
- Celtics Open Up Preseason With Convincing 124-91 Over Milano - October 8, 2015
- Putnam Gets Cozy With The Celtics - October 6, 2015
- Ciao Italy! The Celtics Have Arrived - October 6, 2015