Each week from here on out this season, we’ll rank each individual Celtics player Power Ranking-style. Now, I know that what makes the Celtics great is they play as a team, and each night someone different steps up. However, it is fun to look at who is playing well and not-so-well over the course of the season. This first week, we are going to take into account the entire season up to this point, then in upcoming weeks, we’ll look at things on more of a week-to-week basis.
1. Paul Pierce. Played every game this year. Consistent. Reliable. Efficient. Made huge shots. Ran offense when Rondo was hurt. Ahead of Rondo and KG because he hasn’t missed any games.
2. Rajon Rondo. Leads NBA in assists. When he’s really on, he makes the correct decision basically every time down the floor. Adding years to Ray, Paul, and KG’s career.
3. Kevin Garnett. Could have been a tie w/ Rondo. Anchors the defense, and has bounce in step we haven’t seen since early ’09.
4. Ray Allen. Shooting over 50%. Has hit some HUGE shots late in games. Played every game. I’m almost over his Game 7 performance in the Finals last year.
5. Big Baby. Finally becoming the player we thought he could be after he filled in for KG in the ’09 playoffs. Tough, reliable scorer off bench – the type of player every Championship team needs.
6. Shaq. Has filled in admirably in Perk’s absence. Hopefully Doc can shut him down soon so he’s healthy for the playoffs.
7. Marquis Daniels. Better this year than last. I still cringe sometimes when he shoots the ball.
8. Nate Robinson. When he’s in, we’re all just hoping the C’s can maintain the lead until Rondo gets back in.
9. Semih Erdin. He’s not a total spaz. Much better than we thought, and he’s played some valuable minutes with all the injuries to key Celtics. Guy may have a future.
10. Luke Harangody. Had a few decent games. He can score. Liability on defense.
11. Von Wafer. Has occasionally provided some energy off the bench.
12. Jermaine O’Neal. We all saw how bad he was w/ Miami last year, and he hasn’t done anything to change our opinion. Sheed better be staying in shape to D up Dwight in the playoffs.
Note: Hopefully we’ll soon see Kendrick Perkins and Delonte West in these rankings. Perk should be back early February. West still has a ways to go.<
Latest posts by Hunter Thomas (see all)
- What’s RJ Hunter’s Future With The Celtics? - August 25, 2016
- Win Celtics Tickets for The Upcoming 2016-2017 Season! - August 22, 2016
- Isaiah Thomas Ties The Knot - August 22, 2016