- Isaiah Thomas Narrowly Avoids Suspension
- Can The Celtics Make a Run In The Playoffs?
- Isaiah Thomas Key To Celtics Capturing Atlantic Division Title
- Ainge and the Celtics Maintain “Status Quo” as Trade Deadline Passes
- Celtics Can’t Battle Back, Lose to Ginobli and Spurs 108-105
- Thomas Lead Celtics Drubbing of Cousins and Kings 114-97
- Amir Johnson, Avery Bradley Lead Celtics To Win Over Heat, 105-95
- Magic and Oladipo Stop Celtics 110-91
- Celtics Dominate Wizards, Led by Thomas, 111-78
- Celtics Eek Out Victory Versus Hapless Sixers, 84-80
Celtics Preview: Four Game West Coast Trip
- Updated: January 27, 2011
Its my favorite time of the year part 1, as the Celtics head out west for four games in six nights. The Celtics will face Portland, Phoenix, LA Lakers, and finish out in Sacramento. Its always fun to watch the Celtics late night out West and see how we match up with the Western Conference on the road in some tough places to play. Now every year its a toss up with the Celtics out west, as they either have a great trip or an awful trip. It will be interesting to see how this first trip goes as the Celtics will go back out West in about a month for another four game trip. Up first is the Portland Trial Blazers Tonight.
Tonight: Portland Trial Blazers- The first game of a west coast trip is always important as you want to get the first one out of the way especially since it is the first of a back to back. Portland is going to come out fired up as they want revenge for the four point loss in December in Boston plus an awful loss at home on Monday against Sacramento. Shaq will be out for this game so its up to Perk and Semih down low. Good news for the Celtics is LaMarcus Aldridge is not 100 percent so look for Doc to try and establish the inside game early with all the big guys. If the Celtics can stop an under rated Wesley Matthews it may be a big night for the Celtics. A big concern I have is the Rose Garden is one of the toughest places in the league to play, but if the C’s can with stand runs the Blazers will go on we can start this trip with a big W.
Tomorrow: Phoenix Suns- This is a team that got embarrassed at home earlier this year to the Knicks. For the Celtics this is the ultimate trap game as it is a back to back and the game before the showdown against the Lakers. The Celtics have to stay focus and try and grind this game out as if you look past the Suns they can bit you with a good mix of veterans and young guys. Steve Nash can always go off and with a better bench after the trade the Suns can take this one from the Celtics.
Sunday: LA Lakers- WORDS CANT DESCRIBE THIS ONE. IF YOU ARE A DIE HARD FAN AND NOT A CELTICS PINK HAT THIS GAME MEANS A LOT TO YOU FOR MANY REASONS BUT MAINLY GAME 7 LAST YEAR.
Tuesday: Sacramento Kings- The last game of a four game trip is always a big game no matter who you are playing. You want to end the trip on a good note before you come home and play your next home game. Some guys may be looking to just get back east but all good teams finish. The Kings are awful but the C’s just cant show up and expect to win. DaMarcus Cousins continues to improve, but with Tyreke Evans out if the Celtics just play there game it will be another blow out just like the first meeting in Boston.
PREDICTION: 3-1 Out West Part 1….
Latest posts by Khai Pham (see all)
- Isaiah Thomas Narrowly Avoids Suspension - April 25, 2016
- Can The Celtics Make a Run In The Playoffs? - February 26, 2016
- Isaiah Thomas Key To Celtics Capturing Atlantic Division Title - February 26, 2016