- Lee Signing Encouraging for Celtics Fans
- Draft Day Recap–How Did The Celtics Do?
- A Look at Celtics Draft Options
- Source: Kings Won’t Trade Cousins for Draft Picks
- Should The Celtics Trade Up In The 2015 Draft?
- Bringing The Pain in Maine: Red Claws Beasts Of The East
- The Needed Swede: The Rise of Jonas Jerebko
- Celtics Must Continue To Invest in James Young
- Celtics Deal for JaVale McGee Falls Apart
- Is James Young Already Overrated?
Avery Bradley Ties Steals Record with 9
- Updated: January 30, 2011
Avery Bradley tied the league mark for steals in a game with 9, adding 14 key points as the Maine Red Claws (12-17) defeated the Tulsa 66ers’ (22-7) 109-106. The win stopped the 66ers 14-game winning streak in its tracks. The 66ers had not lost since December 28.
The Red Claws kept the game close throughout, shooting 45.8% on the night and holding the hot-handed 66ers to 43.9% with their tightest defensive game of the season. Led by Celtics assignee Bradley’s 9, the team’s 20 steals ties the 4th best in league history. Maine also added 8 blocked shots.
Maine’s top scorers tonight were forward DeShawn Sims with 26, center Tiny Gallon with 20 and guard Jamar Smith with 15.
Tulsa guard Jerome Dyson added 27 points with 22 of them in the first half, forward Elijah Millsap contributed 23 points, and Cole Aldrich had 20.
The Red Claws will be begin their annual trek through the Dakotas next weekend, taking on the Dakota Wizards win back-to-back games Friday and Saturday and then traveling to Sioux Falls to face the Skyforce the following Tuesday. The 66ers will host the Utah Flash on Friday before traveling to Texas to face the Legends on Saturday.
BE MY VALENTINE: The Red Claws are offering Valentine’s Day delivery packages. For just $85, Red Claws mascot Crusher will deliver a dozen roses, chocolates and two tickets to a Red Claws game to anywhere in Southern Maine. All deliveries will take place on Monday, February 14, and packages are in limited supply. For information, please call 207-210-6655 or visit the Red Claws online at www.maineredclaws.com.