- Isaiah Thomas Narrowly Avoids Suspension
- Can The Celtics Make a Run In The Playoffs?
- Isaiah Thomas Key To Celtics Capturing Atlantic Division Title
- Ainge and the Celtics Maintain “Status Quo” as Trade Deadline Passes
- Celtics Can’t Battle Back, Lose to Ginobli and Spurs 108-105
- Thomas Lead Celtics Drubbing of Cousins and Kings 114-97
- Amir Johnson, Avery Bradley Lead Celtics To Win Over Heat, 105-95
- Magic and Oladipo Stop Celtics 110-91
- Celtics Dominate Wizards, Led by Thomas, 111-78
- Celtics Eek Out Victory Versus Hapless Sixers, 84-80
Avery Bradley Ties Steals Record with 9
- Updated: January 30, 2011
Avery Bradley tied the league mark for steals in a game with 9, adding 14 key points as the Maine Red Claws (12-17) defeated the Tulsa 66ers’ (22-7) 109-106. The win stopped the 66ers 14-game winning streak in its tracks. The 66ers had not lost since December 28.
The Red Claws kept the game close throughout, shooting 45.8% on the night and holding the hot-handed 66ers to 43.9% with their tightest defensive game of the season. Led by Celtics assignee Bradley’s 9, the team’s 20 steals ties the 4th best in league history. Maine also added 8 blocked shots.
Maine’s top scorers tonight were forward DeShawn Sims with 26, center Tiny Gallon with 20 and guard Jamar Smith with 15.
Tulsa guard Jerome Dyson added 27 points with 22 of them in the first half, forward Elijah Millsap contributed 23 points, and Cole Aldrich had 20.
The Red Claws will be begin their annual trek through the Dakotas next weekend, taking on the Dakota Wizards win back-to-back games Friday and Saturday and then traveling to Sioux Falls to face the Skyforce the following Tuesday. The 66ers will host the Utah Flash on Friday before traveling to Texas to face the Legends on Saturday.
BE MY VALENTINE: The Red Claws are offering Valentine’s Day delivery packages. For just $85, Red Claws mascot Crusher will deliver a dozen roses, chocolates and two tickets to a Red Claws game to anywhere in Southern Maine. All deliveries will take place on Monday, February 14, and packages are in limited supply. For information, please call 207-210-6655 or visit the Red Claws online at www.maineredclaws.com.
Latest posts by Chris Stevens (see all)
- Isaiah Thomas Narrowly Avoids Suspension - April 25, 2016
- Can The Celtics Make a Run In The Playoffs? - February 26, 2016
- Isaiah Thomas Key To Celtics Capturing Atlantic Division Title - February 26, 2016