- Isaiah Thomas Narrowly Avoids Suspension
- Can The Celtics Make a Run In The Playoffs?
- Isaiah Thomas Key To Celtics Capturing Atlantic Division Title
- Ainge and the Celtics Maintain “Status Quo” as Trade Deadline Passes
- Celtics Can’t Battle Back, Lose to Ginobli and Spurs 108-105
- Thomas Lead Celtics Drubbing of Cousins and Kings 114-97
- Amir Johnson, Avery Bradley Lead Celtics To Win Over Heat, 105-95
- Magic and Oladipo Stop Celtics 110-91
- Celtics Dominate Wizards, Led by Thomas, 111-78
- Celtics Eek Out Victory Versus Hapless Sixers, 84-80
Breakdown: Orlando Shakeup
- Updated: December 20, 2010
The Orlando Magic had a eventful Saturday as they make two big moves as they trade away former All Star Vince Carter to the Phoenix and reacquire former Magic F Hedo Turkoglu. the second big move was trading within the division and getting troubled PG Gilbert Arenas for F Rashard Lewis. Seems like the magic looked at there team and believed they could not compete with the Celtics and Heat so they choose to blow it up and try to make a run with a completely new team. Full Trade details below:
Phoenix Suns-Orlando Magic Trade:
Orlando Gets- F Hedo Turkoglu, G Jason Richardson, F Earl Clark.
Phoenix Gets- G Vince Carter, G Mickael Pietrus, C Martin Gortat.
Opinion: I like this trade for both teams as VC was not working out in Orlando and Gortat and Pietrus both have been lost on the bench this season for the Magic. The Suns get a starter and 2 bench guys that can add some depth to the bench and get more minutes then they did for Orlando. As for Hedo, he gets to go back to the place he had great success and J Rich has the chance to play with another big man in Dwight Howard like he did with Amare last season in Phoenix.
Who got better of deal: Even Trade(both teams get what they wanted)
Washington Wizards-Orlando Magic Trade:
Orlando Gets- G Gilbert Arenas
Washington Gets-Rashard Lewis
Opinion: This trade makes since for Washington as they get rid of a headache on the court(4 years left with over $78 million dollars) and off the court(trouble with the law) and get a big man that can shoot the ball from beyond the three point line and can play inside. Even though Lewis is due over $60 million dollars over the next 3 years the Wizards will gladly take him off the hands of the magic if it means get rid of Arenas. As for the Magic I have no idea why they want Arenas. yes he is a good player when he wants to be but the money is outrageous and why in the world would the Magic want this guy when they already have a PG in Jemeer Nelson. The trade with the Suns makes since but this one just doesn’t make since. I wonder if Nelson will ask for a trade at teh deadline if his minutes decrease. You can not put Arenas at the 2 becuase that will take away minutes from Richardson, Redick, and Chris Duhon. The Wizards now do not have to worry about Arenas influencing John Wall. It’s Wall’s team and he is the PG and he doesn’t have to worry about Gil being a distraction.
Who got better of the deal: Washington Wizards
(You can reach me on my twitter at @collins019)
Latest posts by Khai Pham (see all)
- Isaiah Thomas Narrowly Avoids Suspension - April 25, 2016
- Can The Celtics Make a Run In The Playoffs? - February 26, 2016
- Isaiah Thomas Key To Celtics Capturing Atlantic Division Title - February 26, 2016