How We Look So Far?
- Updated: November 18, 2010
Only Eleven games into the season and as I look at this Celtics team I still have many questions? I also have a lot of answers so far and with a 9-2 record I can say I am satisfied so far with the play of this team.
1. Kevin Garnett- I no people are going to all want to talk about Rondo but I have been saying this since the day we got him, this team will go as far as KG is going to take them. He looks like the old KG right now and is playing with that passion and intensity that we seen him play with in 2008 and his years with the T Wolves. He is not dragging his leg up and down the court and is playing MVP Defense. It remains to be seen if he can keep it up all year long but I have a feeling KG has a lot left in the Tank.
2. Rajon Rondo- What more can you say about Rondo the guy is a assist machine so far this season as he leads the league in assists. He is still not hitting as many shots as you would like him to but that elbow jumper that he keeps taking if he works at it and takes more and more shots they will soon begin to drop
3. Glen Davis and The Bench- The reason I put Big baby ahead of the rest of the bench is because he is this years sixth man doing everything from scoring and getting rebounds. The best thing he has done so far is taking charges as he leads the league in that category. Also playing at end of games is key for Davis because he can score the ball in many different ways then Shaq and seems to have the stamina to stay on the floor at end of games. Also staying out of foul trouble is key as well. Nate Robinson, Semih Erden, Marquis Daniels have also contributed as well and with the addition of Delonte West back last night this bench continues to get deeper and deeper.
4.Paul and Ray- putting them together because it does not surprise me both are playing the way they are and i did not expect a drop off from either. I love how the National Media keeps saying they are old and both continue to work hard and improve every game. Paul and Ray will both be fine because they are competitive players and play for each other and not individual stats.
5. Shaq- really did not have a clue coming into the season what Shaq would contribute. So far I say so good he did miss 5 games already but in the 6 he has played Shaq looks like he wants to play and continues to hustle up and down the court getting easy baskets and playing good D along with getting rebounds.
6. Beat Miami Twice- Opening night and in Miami last Thursday enough said making a statement and telling not just the Heat but the rest of the NBA. If you want to win the East you have to beat us.
1. Jermaine O’Neal- I do not have many concerns so far but the one big issue is the health of Jermaine. If he can not stay on the court and injuries linger on and on during the season the pressure for Perk to come back faster and contribute quicker will be on the rise. Especially if Shaq goes down the C’s can not afford to have both O’Neals out along with Perkins
2. Avery Bradley- Not really a negative but I wish he was healthy enough so he can maybe get some minutes for the Celtics but more importantly we can see him develop and play up in Portland.
-Seen Kendrick Perkins last night after the Game shooting around with season ticket holders he looks slim and is in good spirits.
-Old friend Sam Cassell in the building last night, assistant coach of the Wizards chatting it up with old friends.