- Celtics Eek Out Victory Versus Hapless Sixers, 84-80
- Celtics Split With Nets, Lose 110-101
- Bradley Leads Celtics to Drubbing of Nets, 120-95
- Mavericks Rally From 18 Down To Beat Celtics, 106-102
- Thomas leads Celtics to easy 111-95 win over Rockets
- Smart, Thomas Lead Celtics to Victory Over Thunder
- Isaiah Thomas, Celtics Hold off Hawks 106-93
- Recap: Pacers 102, Celtics 91
- Recap: Celtics 99, Bucks 83
- Sullinger Leads Way as Celtics Trounce Wizards 118-98
KG Leads C's To Win Over Knicks In Hartford
- Updated: October 17, 2010
The following from The AP:
HARTFORD, Conn. — Kevin Garnett scored 20 points and Paul Pierce added 16 to help Boston beat New York 97-84 in front of a pro-Celtics crowd of 15,318 on Saturday night at the XL Center.
Glen Davis added 15 points for the Celtics (6-1), who played their starters in the first and third quarters and the reserves in the second and fourth in their penultimate preseason game.
“I told them that they were only going to play 5 minutes in the third,” Celtics coach Doc Rivers said, “but they came in at a timeout and asked, ‘Can we finish this out and get the lead, and once we get the lead we’ll come out?’ It was good. They got stops and they played.”
Danilo Galinari led New York (1-3) with 20 points on 6-of-11 shooting, Wilson Chandler added 17 points and Raymond Felton 16.
“They got into us in the third quarter,” New York coach Mike D’Antoni said. “We were up 10 and they really got into us … which is good. It’s good that we can try to figure out what to do and try to get some scoring.”
Knicks forward Amare Stoudemire, whose averaged 24.3 points in his first three games, rested Saturday, replaced in the starting lineup by guard Toney Douglas.
D’Antoni said the move was strictly precautionary, with the game opening a stretch of four in five days for the Knicks. Stoudemire, signed to a US$100 million, five-year deal in the off-season, is likely to be in the lineup Sunday against Washington.
Jermaine O’Neal (hand) and Delonte West (lower back) also sat out Saturday for the Celtics, with West not making the trip after undergoing an MRI earlier in the day.
Latest posts by Chris Stevens (see all)
- Celtics Preseason Notes: Rozier to Miss a Week - October 14, 2015
- Did Sullinger Eat His Way Out Of Celts Rotation? - October 13, 2015
- Five Thirty Eight Prediction: Celtics Playoff Bound - October 13, 2015