- Celtics Eek Out Victory Versus Hapless Sixers, 84-80
- Celtics Split With Nets, Lose 110-101
- Bradley Leads Celtics to Drubbing of Nets, 120-95
- Mavericks Rally From 18 Down To Beat Celtics, 106-102
- Thomas leads Celtics to easy 111-95 win over Rockets
- Smart, Thomas Lead Celtics to Victory Over Thunder
- Isaiah Thomas, Celtics Hold off Hawks 106-93
- Recap: Pacers 102, Celtics 91
- Recap: Celtics 99, Bucks 83
- Sullinger Leads Way as Celtics Trounce Wizards 118-98
Rondo Has Rings and He is Not Afraid to Rub it in
- Updated: August 3, 2010
Here is why I love the NBA, the only thing that separates the players from you and I is about 40 million dollar bank accounts. Money aside they really are regular guys and easily some of the most approachable when you see them out on the town.
Today, Twitter announced of the major sports that the NBA was the first to hit 4 million followers and the players are easily the most active of America sports stars in the world of social networking. Log onto Facebook and search out some of the top down to mediocre talent and they light up their accounts on a near nightly basis, and we are not talking about assistants the players are interacting.
My point you ask. Today Rajon Rondo dropped a bombshell of photos from the 2k11 photo shoot out in LA on his Facebook account and by the responses people are loving them. No, no, no it wasn’t a bunch of boring game screen caps this was some sort of shoot for marketing photos featuring Rondo, Derrek Rose and David Lee baking a cake, shooting pool and playing some XBox 360.
Sounds boring? It gets better.
After the cooking session Rondo leaves to change for the gaming photo shoot (seen above) and returns wearing a gem of a shirt.
The tomfoolery that takes place in and around the NBA is the basic idiocy that happens on any given Thursday Night across America.
If you are still look at this article without a smile then I only have 3 words for you:
Seriously it’s the off season, what do you expect? I can tell you to hit up Twitter and Facebook and search out some of your faves and see what they are talking about.
KryptoNate today had pics of the Ceremonial First Pitch he threw out in Seattle this past week.
Here are a few of my top Facebook and Twitter feeds.
Many of the Celtics do have Facebook pages: Perkins, Pierce, KG, Scal and more but they seem to not post much during the off season. And for the record when the NBA stopped In-Game-Twittering they really killed some kick ass entertainment.
Latest posts by Chris Stevens (see all)
- Celtics Preseason Notes: Rozier to Miss a Week - October 14, 2015
- Did Sullinger Eat His Way Out Of Celts Rotation? - October 13, 2015
- Five Thirty Eight Prediction: Celtics Playoff Bound - October 13, 2015