- Putnam Gets Cozy With The Celtics
- Ciao Italy! The Celtics Have Arrived
- Dee Brown Hopes To Teach Basketball in Manila
- Lee Signing Encouraging for Celtics Fans
- Draft Day Recap–How Did The Celtics Do?
- A Look at Celtics Draft Options
- Source: Kings Won’t Trade Cousins for Draft Picks
- Should The Celtics Trade Up In The 2015 Draft?
- Bringing The Pain in Maine: Red Claws Beasts Of The East
- The Needed Swede: The Rise of Jonas Jerebko
Celtics Summer Forecast: Who Starts at Center?
- Updated: August 26, 2010
Another day and another Celtics prediction for Chris Forsberg’s Summer Forecast. Who will start at center for the Celtics this season? A question many of us are wondering. Check out our panel’s responses. Here is mine:
Tyler Lamoureux, Celtics 24/7 (Jermaine O’Neal)
Without a doubt, Jermaine O’Neal. Picturing the Hall of Fame lineup of Ray Allen, Paul Pierce, Kevin Garnett, and Shaquille O’Neal is nice, but Shaq has too many weaknesses that other teams can exploit. His defense against the pick-and-roll is shaky, while Jermaine O’Neal has no glaring issues on the defensive end. The Big Shamrock will be a huge force down low, but Jermaine’s mid-range shot will help the Celtics spread their offense and will keep Rajon Rondo from running into brick walls while driving the lane. Doc Rivers will find a nice balance of when to use both O’Neals. I can see Shaq being a big lift for the second unit while occasionally playing with the starting lineup, depending on in-game situations. One thing I do know is that Dwight Howard should be afraid to match up with this frontline next year in the playoffs.
Latest posts by Chris Stevens (see all)
- Celtics Open Up Preseason With Convincing 124-91 Over Milano - October 8, 2015
- Putnam Gets Cozy With The Celtics - October 6, 2015
- Ciao Italy! The Celtics Have Arrived - October 6, 2015