- Marcus Smart Needs to Start
- Celtics-Timberwolves Preview
- It’s Time for Celtics to Part Ways with Tayshaun Prince
- Can The Celtics Beat the Warriors?
- Forbes: Celtics Valued at $1.7 Billion
- What’s Ainge Going To Do With All These Draft Picks?
- Wait, what, Nate Robinson is back?
- Farewell Uncle Jeff
- Austin Rivers Joins the Celts
- Jeff Green a Goner?
Celtics Summer Forecast: Who Starts at Center?
- Updated: August 26, 2010
Another day and another Celtics prediction for Chris Forsberg’s Summer Forecast. Who will start at center for the Celtics this season? A question many of us are wondering. Check out our panel’s responses. Here is mine:
Tyler Lamoureux, Celtics 24/7 (Jermaine O’Neal)
Without a doubt, Jermaine O’Neal. Picturing the Hall of Fame lineup of Ray Allen, Paul Pierce, Kevin Garnett, and Shaquille O’Neal is nice, but Shaq has too many weaknesses that other teams can exploit. His defense against the pick-and-roll is shaky, while Jermaine O’Neal has no glaring issues on the defensive end. The Big Shamrock will be a huge force down low, but Jermaine’s mid-range shot will help the Celtics spread their offense and will keep Rajon Rondo from running into brick walls while driving the lane. Doc Rivers will find a nice balance of when to use both O’Neals. I can see Shaq being a big lift for the second unit while occasionally playing with the starting lineup, depending on in-game situations. One thing I do know is that Dwight Howard should be afraid to match up with this frontline next year in the playoffs.