- Isaiah Thomas Off To Strong Start in Boston
- Five Things to Know About New Celtics Guard Isaiah Thomas
- Ainge Lands Isaiah Thomas at Trade Deadline
- Goran Dragic Rumors–Do Celtics Have a Shot?
- Could a Boston Deal for Demarcus Cousins be a Reality?
- Celtics Trade Rumor Roundup
- The Best Celtics Rookie Cards of All Time
- Five Free Agents The Celtics Should Target in 2016
- Following the Celtics on Twitter
- Assessing the Celtics Roster: Who Will Stay, Who Will Go?
Celtics Summer Forecast: Who Starts at Center?
- Updated: August 26, 2010
Another day and another Celtics prediction for Chris Forsberg’s Summer Forecast. Who will start at center for the Celtics this season? A question many of us are wondering. Check out our panel’s responses. Here is mine:
Tyler Lamoureux, Celtics 24/7 (Jermaine O’Neal)
Without a doubt, Jermaine O’Neal. Picturing the Hall of Fame lineup of Ray Allen, Paul Pierce, Kevin Garnett, and Shaquille O’Neal is nice, but Shaq has too many weaknesses that other teams can exploit. His defense against the pick-and-roll is shaky, while Jermaine O’Neal has no glaring issues on the defensive end. The Big Shamrock will be a huge force down low, but Jermaine’s mid-range shot will help the Celtics spread their offense and will keep Rajon Rondo from running into brick walls while driving the lane. Doc Rivers will find a nice balance of when to use both O’Neals. I can see Shaq being a big lift for the second unit while occasionally playing with the starting lineup, depending on in-game situations. One thing I do know is that Dwight Howard should be afraid to match up with this frontline next year in the playoffs.